MDMGX - Error while extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I are trying to extract data related to timezone using MDMGX

Transaction. In MDMGX "Maintain port and check tables" step I have

created 3 records related to time zone . Each record refers to

different tables.The names of tables are TTZZ,TTZZT and TTZRT. between

tables TTZZ and TTZZT link information exists and has been maintained.

similarly between tables TTZZ and TTZRT there is link information

maintained.

When we try to perform and extraction using "start extraction" step we

get a short dump .

on debugging the program I found that the issue could be that the tables TTZZT and TTZRT both have the language dependent fields with the same field name "DESCRIPT". I need both of these fields.

Similar is the case when trying to extract data of sales org ,

distribution channel and division and their descriptions from tables

TVTA, TVKOT,TVTWT,TSPAT .

Kindly help me resolve this issue. Is there any way of resolving this issue using the Function module "

"Define Function Module Parameters for Exceptional Cases" step of MDMGX transaction.

awaiting for a quick reply

Regards

Sudheendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheendra,

MDMGX is designed in a way that allows a link to a single multilingual text table only. As you want to include several multilingual fields and/or tables, the best way to go is the development of an function module. There you'll be much more flexible. Have a look at the regions or transportation zones function modules. There we're doing basically the same as you want to do.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Time Zone just try below:

Table: TTZZT

Non Language Fields for Selection: TZONE=TimeZone

Language Fields for Selection: LANGU=LANGKEY,DESCRIPT=TimeZoneText

Process Level: 0

For sales org,distribution channel and division try:

Table: TVTA

Non Language Fields for Selection: VKORG=SalesOrganization,VTWEG=DistributionChannel,SPART=Division

Type everything as it is (Ofcourse u hv to give values for other fields like Port, Object Type n all)

Basically when u r trying to etract data from multiple tables u shd hv some linking between them which u can use in Table Link Info field.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0740b31-a934-2b10-2e95-af225299...

For better understanding just check Text file from marketplace (Which u get with every standard repository)

Thanks,

Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwari

Your suggestion will work fine when I am trying to get 1 language dependent field but does not work when I try to fetch another language dependent field from another table.

below is your suggestion

Table: TTZZT

Non Language Fields for Selection: TZONE=TimeZone

Language Fields for Selection: LANGU=LANGKEY,DESCRIPT=TimeZoneText

In addition to the above table TTZZT , I need to use TTZRT to fetch the value for the field DESCRIPT .

Any pointers on resolve this issue is highly appreciated

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheendra,

If u want to extract data from TTZRT table then use:

Table: TTZRT

Non Language Fields for Selection: ZONERULE=TimeZoneRule (if u want this field in output..... otherwise skip this)

Language Fields for Selection: LANGUAGE=LANGKEY,DESCRIPT=TimeZoneRuleName

But u cant extract data from TTZRT & TTZZT in a single XML file........... coz these two tables don't have a common field.

If u create different entries for TTZRT & TTZZT in MDMGX u will get respective data in two different XML files.

Thanks,

Maheshwari