SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merchandise distribution: optimized processing cross-docking/flow-through

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to use optimized processing method cross-docking/flow-through. Which means, that the system at the moment of goods receipt (MB01) should split GR quantity into 2 parts: 1) quantity relevant for cross-docking (e.g. full pallets) 2) quantity relevant for flow-through (remainder from full pallets). That is what I understood from documentation.

My question is - how the system finds the criteria for splitting the GR quantity (or should I do this manually - then how?). I.e. I have not found any customizing or master data, which would control that.

Could anyone explain this? I am on rel. ECC6.0

Thanks for any input.

Mazvydas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mazvydas Stundzia,

Flow through: The complete delivery for a single recipient is picked from all received Articles. Afterwards the next recipient is processed

Cross-Docking: The received units are already pre-packed for a specific recipient. They are just moved through the distribution area. The purpose of cross docking is to save time and effort in the warehouse. For instance if stock is arriving on an inbound delivery and it is to go out on a outbound delivery you can prepare for this with cross docking as there is no use putting stock away only to take it out again.

The config settings for cross docking,

i. Make a special movement indicator for cross docking.

ii. Configure a logical storage type for cross docking

iii. Make a WM movement type for cross docking and assign the logical storage type to it.

iv. Connect WM and IM movement type with special movement indicator for cross dock.

v. Include cross docking storage type in the storage type search strategy

I hope you know one step and two step cross docking.

Find the link for step by step configuration settings

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/Documentation/W71_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US.doc

Thanks & Regards,

Navahsek

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mazvydas Stundzia,

Flow through: The complete delivery for a single recipient is picked from all received Articles. Afterwards the next recipient is processed

Cross-Docking: The received units are already pre-packed for a specific recipient. They are just moved through the distribution area. The purpose of cross docking is to save time and effort in the warehouse. For instance if stock is arriving on an inbound delivery and it is to go out on a outbound delivery you can prepare for this with cross docking as there is no use putting stock away only to take it out again.

The config settings for cross docking,

i. Make a special movement indicator for cross docking.

ii. Configure a logical storage type for cross docking

iii. Make a WM movement type for cross docking and assign the logical storage type to it.

iv. Connect WM and IM movement type with special movement indicator for cross dock.

v. Include cross docking storage type in the storage type search strategy

I hope you know one step and two step cross docking.

Find the link for step by step configuration settings

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/Documentation/W71_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US.doc

Thanks & Regards,

Navahsek

0 Kudos

Hi, Navashek,

Thanks for your relpy.

Actually my question is much more specific. I know what cross docking and flow through is.

The matter is, that SAP allows to define a combined processing for an article - "cross docking/flow through" (here's a link to the SAP help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/86/37e613f09b11d18ca1080009d10d9a/content.htm).

According to SAP help, idea of such a combined method is: if some customer orders a full pallet of an article, this pallet will be processed via cross docking, and other customers, who order less then a pallet, will be processed via flow through. What I do not know - how the system knows what quantity of an article is full pallet quantity, i.e. where can I define a pallet quantity.

Mazvydas