cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST -PI Upgarde on Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any idea regarding the pre-requisites/step by step procedure on how to apply the upgraded version of ST - PI to Solution Manager. Actually right now I'm creating an Implementation plan about it. I need your advice expert advice.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lebron,

whats the current version you are ruuning of ST-PI and to what patch level you want to

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really appreciate your quick response.

The current software component installed is 2008_1_700 level 000. I want to apply the latest version of it. Could you guide me what are the requirements needed? Meaning is there any required Compenent version to ST-SER, ST-A/PI, ST-BC etc... Do I need to check the latest component version installed of that? Currently right now I' creating a Implementation plan about on how to apply and the requirements needed before applying the latest ST - PI.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lebron,

I'm not aware that there are any special requirements for installing ST-PI on a Solution Manager compared with installing it on a managed/satellite system. Have you already looked at note

1228898: "Installation/delta upgrade of ST-PI 2008_1"?

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under SAP Note 1228898 what does it mean of net runtime indicated on the Space requirement?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Net runtime only means that how much time will the upgrade takes place and ST-PI should not take more than 20 mins as suggested there

Normally ST-PI upgrades takes only few mins

what I guess is you will be upgrading to ST-PI 2008_1_710 now and there aren't many dependencies as such,only thing being SAP BASIS and SAP ABAP must belong to 700 release

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you expalin me this part on can I be able to check those if its the latest version?

o Latest R3trans, tp

o Latest SPAM/SAINT update

o Required Component Support Packages

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

SAP recommends that you must have the lastest

1. tp and R3 trans exe.you can check the version of your tp and R3trans in the exe folder and then if requred can download the latest version from market place

Normally this is not as important,in 99% of cases you will have no issues with the existing ones but still its peferable to have the latest versiona

2. you should apply the latest SPAM/SAINT patch from SPAM.

To find the current one go to t-code SPAM and you will find there in the top part of the screen SPAM version written

You can check at service marketplace then the current version ad go for the lates version.

This is again not as important but still preferable by SAP

3. well this is related to the support packs that you need to have in your system before applying ST-PI

the prerequiste is only SAP Basis and ABAP support packs of 700 release and that is already in your system,so you can go ahead and apply the new version

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the very informative answer.

Do you mind getting your YM account and even your yahoo ID account so that if i do encountered problems about it I can ping right away.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How would I know if indeed the ST - PI installed is SP1 or not?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Just got to system in above part of your screen and the go to status,

There you will find the list of supoort packs installed in your system.check for the version of ST-PI there

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give me the step by step procedure on how to do the ST - PI Upgrade? I'm a bit confused about it.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Please refer to following document at

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCUPGOCSSPAM/BCUPGOCSSPAM.pdf

This is for 4.6 release but this is a very good guide for support packs.it gives you the whole procedure of doing it

Let me know of any issues

Rohit