cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Planning run in background for multiple products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am running SNP planning in the background and received many messages similar to 'Component &&&&& used in (000000012/000000010) level at location && => No planning'

What is the significance of this information?

Best Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Please check the following:-

1) As chris mentioned, run low level code before heuristic and try heuristic.

2) Check the master data, Bom, routing, receipe of all components and assemblies whether maintained properly. (especially procurement type). If there is anything not maintained, maintain the same, recif it and then do llc and heuristic

3) Check whether SNP PPM is active for all in-house production items.

4) Check whether source of supply is maintained for all PPDS PPMs

5) Normally, this problem may occur if you are using bottom up heuristic.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally we have found a solution for this one. A parameter HEU.: Iter.Per Comp. which was limiting our planning was found in:

SAP SCM - Implementation Guide > Advanced Planning and Optimization > Master data > Supply Chain Planning > Supply Network Plannning (SNP) > Basic Settings > Maintain Global SNP Settings

We increased the value from 10 to 100, and now more pop-up regarding levels!

Thank you all for your effort and replies.

-Sam

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam, another thought. Maybe your selection includes the same product being planned from multiple parts in the network?

For instance product A generates dependent demand on product B as does product C. Product B then is being planned in a network heuristic from multiple sources.

Rather than run a multilevel (or network) heuristic break your run down into a series of location heuristics starting at the top level first.

The other thing you might check is that you don't have any planning cycles. Use /sapapo/snpllc to determine low level code and identify circular relationships.

Good luck

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked the MRP type and CIF'ed to APO - but still no luck.

However, I've noticed I can run the planning for exactly ten products but after that the specific information appears in level 00000011/00000012.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Please check the MRP type of the products/components used in the planning run. It should be XO to get planned in APO. If any of the compoent is ND, then it won't plan and leave such messages like No planning. If it is the case, you need to change mrp type and then recif it and then carry out planning run.

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Chris!

The funny thing is that I receive the same information whether or not I have the 'Take into account found components in planning run' checked.

The information appears only when I run the SNP Planning for many products with the specific component. Somehow the level increases everytime a new product with the component is planned. Information screen appears again and again increasing xxxx by one in message 'Component &&&& used in 0000xxxx/0000yyyy level at location &&& => No planning'

However, we do not want to even plan this specific component - so by just clicking continue (enter) we are able to carry on.

The significance of information still is a great mystery to me, someone please explain: In which particular level according to the system the component is used?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam, check your scope of planning. Do you have "take into account found components in planning run" checked?

The help is good (F1) and says ......

With both heuristic options, you can also specify that you want the system to take into account all BOM components of the selected products during planning. To do this, set the Take into account found components in planning run indicator. The system then also plans the dependent demand for the products. However, with the location heuristic, the system only plans components that have been assigned to the specified locations.

I suspect that may be the cause of your warnings.

Chris