cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI 2.5 SP 14 installation Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am installing MI 25sp14 Client on a laptop with windows xp.

These are the steps that i have done :

1. Downloaded complete MI25sp13 zip package.

2. Downloaded the MI25sp14 patch 8 zip package.

Now what i want is to deploy these applications from WebConsole.

The MI installation guide is not that clear or helpful.

My questions are :

1. Do i need to creat a framework or can use the existing one ?

2. Should i install JSP (which i prefer) or AWT ..This is more from the enduser perspective and not development.

3. I tried to upload these zip files to existing framework, but they are not getting attached.

4. Whats the difference between type Application and Framework ? Addon Patches should be deployed under what ?

5. Finally i installed MI25sp13 directly on the laptop without using the webconsole. Now i want to apply the patch, but 'm not able to upload the patch as ADD-on?

Sorry for the asking so many questions...

Thanks

nainesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

this link is helpful:

http://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted_docs/MI/MDK_2.5/index.htm

the goal of mobile applications is:

from your PDA you can working in offline mode with the data downloaded from your sap server, and send to server your updates when an HTTP connection is avaluable.

for download / upload / modify / delete the data from/ into your SAP server, you can utilize the Synchronization.

Sap has implemented 2 types of sync:

1- smart sync

2- generic sync

these 2 tecnlogies are based on a Synchronization framework.you can choose between these 2 types of sync.

another link helpful:

http://www.thespot4sap.com/articles/SAP_Mobile_Engine_Introduction.asp

the link for debug your application in your eclipse 2.0

/people/arunkumar.ravi/blog/2006/02/22/execute-debug-your-mi-code-from-nwds

-> your local installation of netweaver developer studio has the same version of SP of your WebApplicationServer system?

the javadoc for java classes:

http://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted_docs/MI/MDK_2.5/content/javadoc/com/sap/ip/me/api/sma...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nainesh,

Ans to questions 1, 3and 5:

Steps to install MI Client:

1. First, download and install MI Client 2.5 SP13 Patch00 on your laptop.

2. Create a new user on the client, configure 'settings' and then sync with the server to get an deviceID.

3. Upload the ADD_ONs SP13 patch and then SP14 to the webconsole via http://<your_host>:50000/me/WebConsole/login (It has to be an ADD_ON)

4. For each ADD_ON perform:

a.Assign the ADD_ON to your device (deviceID) via the webconsole.

b. Sync with the client. On Synchronization the component will get assigned to the client device. On pressing 'Continue' button you will get the message stating that an application has being assigned to you with an option to start the installation process. You might have to restart the client to get this message.

c. Restart the client.

d. You should get a message that there is an application that needs to be installed if you have not got it earlier, press the START button.

f. Check in the INFO link on your device if it has really installed ...

Ans to question 2:

I would suggest JSP as

1. Easily enhancable

2. Recommended programming model of SAP for white collar apps

3. Best choice for all modern business PDA

Ans to question 4:

1. Application includes standard SAP applicaton such as MAM, MAU & so on and your application developed by you and your team.

2. Framework files are those are part to the MI client framework ( I am yet to come acroos one)

3. Addon patches should be dployed as Add-on

Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, don't forget my points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply rahul...

My problem is that i am not able to upload the Add-on to MI WebConsole. The file is not getting uploaded.

I have installed the mi client sp 13 manually..Created a new user. But when i try to syncronize, i get an error " Server Logon Failed ". I checked the <SID>.props file and the password given there is ok.

Which login does MI uses to syncronize. Does this login require any extra authorization than the standard S_RFC and MI_SYNC authorizations given in the installation manual.

The problem here is with the syncronization password.

Thanks

nainesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

have you created the sync user in the group MI SYNC in your sap system?

test if your user can synchronize with backend using this url:

http://<server>:<port>/meSync/servlet/meSync?sysid=<sid>&login=<sapuser>&password=<sappassword>&client=<sapclient>&language=<lang>&acknoledge=X&~test=true&

if you receive a blank page your user cannot sync.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything works fine including the syncronization. Now i have attached the MI25sp14.zip to the Mobile component of type ADD-ON. Also added to a particular device. When i sync the device, it says that "Installation file does not exist". How can i confirm if the file has been uploaded or not...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got through this...The problem was that the Env Variable TEMP was not properly configured on the the Middle ware..

thanks to all for your help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

compliments!