Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export a Change Request

SantiMoreno
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, everybody.

I'm trying to download into a PC file a change request, because we want to use the objects we have developed in others customers, but we cannot find out the way to do it. Does anyone knows it?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot help you if ftp is blocked. That you have to talk with yor network guys.

But you can try doing it to make sure its blocked.

Go to command prompt and to desktop or wherever you want to copy the files and give commanfd:

ftp <complete hostname OR IP address>.

It will ask you for user and password, once allowed in, cd to the usr/sap/trans and get the two files as i showd you before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to ftp the cofile and datafile from the server to your PC.

Go to /usr/sap/trans/data on the server and get file R<transNo>.<SID> with your transport number...eg R901837.SID and ftp this to any folder on your PC.

Repeat same thing for cofile, get it from /usr/sap/trans/cofiles on the server, this time it will start with K<transNo>.SID.

That should do for you.

Regards

Cyrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Cyrus,

This part is clear.

Can you please also help me find the server address for my system?

Moreover, as far as I know, ftp protocol is blocked in the proxy server by the SAP IT in Labs India. How can I then connect to the ftp server?

Sorry for annoying you, but I'm really novice in ftp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming that you are legally allowed to obtain these files, you should contact the IT Department to simply provide the files to you. Any other approach would almost look underhanded and might get you in trouble.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Can you please tell me how to find out the FTP directory path (or folder) from where to download the files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santiago,

The way I have done this in the past is by using FTP (on UNIX) or Windows Explorer (on Windows) to transfer the data and cofile from the transport directory to the PC. Do you know how to identfy the required data and cofile for a given transport ?

Once you have copied the necessary transport files, they can then be used on the other customer system. If you are going to install the development objects onto any other system, you will need the data and cofile in order to import the transport anyway.

Regards,

Gary