cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict user to see others data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

How can I restrict the users to see others data?

Anita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita

You can apply restriction using Business Views as well.

Apply a filter in data foundation of the Business View with CurrentCEUser and this would allow the currently logged on user to see his/her data only.

For more information please refer to Business View manager Admin Guide from [here|http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir2/en/xir2_bv_admin_en.pdf ]

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sorshree

thanks for your help.

we were lokking for business view only.

Anita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

You can achieve this using Access Restrictions in Universe Designer.

Row level restrictions:

Row level restrictions are used when you want some users or group of users to have access to limited rows.

Ex: If you want, some of your users should have access to data where country=u201DUSu201D then users can see data where country=u201DUSu201D they canu2019t access data of other countries. Thus it restricts the users to see only limited records that they have access to.

Tools-> Manage Security-> Manage Access Restrictions->Access Restrictions-> New->Rows Tab-> Add-> Specify the Where clause of restriction, when user logs in he can see only his data.

Object Restrictions:

If you want your users to be restricted to use some objects, you can use using Objects level restrictions,

Follow the path:

Tools-> Manage Security-> Manage Access Restrictions->Access Restrictions-> New-> Object Tab->Select-> Select The Object from the Table that you want your users should not have access to , then users canu2019t see this objects in query panel to use in the report.

Apply this restriction to users or group of users on main window u201CManage Access Restrictionsu201D

Export the universe for changes to take effect.

I Hope this Helpsu2026

Thanksu2026

Pratik

0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

We have the same requirement as Anita, but we are not using Business Views. May I have a follow-up question on your reply to Anita?

You've mentioned about Row level restrictions:

"Row level restrictions are used when you want some users or group of users to have access to limited rows.

Ex: If you want, some of your users should have access to data where country=u201DUSu201D then users can see data where country=u201DUSu201D they canu2019t access data of other countries. Thus it restricts the users to see only limited records that they have access to.

Tools-> Manage Security-> Manage Access Restrictions->Access Restrictions-> New->Rows Tab-> Add-> Specify the Where clause of restriction, when user logs in he can see only his data."

We are using BO XI 3.0. I can see the option to add Object Restriction (New>Objects Tab), but not row restriction, ie:

... Access Restrictions-> New->Rows Tab

May I know which version of BO XI are you referring to? Is the above feature available for BO XI 3.0?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Linda