cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text module and include text in smart forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi this is Saroj,

Please any body tell me how to creat text modules and include texts in smart forms.

I have tried to creat a text module in SO10.But while i gave the name of the text module in text field,

it is showing that text module does not exist.Please tell me what to give in the fields like

text,text id,object id,language.Please tell me about the step by step process of creation of text modules

and include text.

Please tell me wheather scripts are language dependent or independent.

what to do to print a certain text in a page in script.

please answer these questions.

regards

saroj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can create a TEXT MODULE from initial screen of SMARTFORMS.

SMARTFORMS -> TEXT MODULES -> GIVE THE REQUIRED TEXT.

To include that in a smartforms, TEXT TYPE -> TEXT MODULE -> NAME of the text module created.

SO10 is for scripts. If u want to add the same texts which is created in SCRIPTS, then

TEXT TYPE -> I (INCLUDE TEXTS) ->GIVE THE NAME,ID,OBJECT which u have created in SO10.

Thanks,

Nithya

Edited by: Nithya Murugesan on Mar 4, 2009 5:51 AM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you created the Text in SO10, you will need the Text ID you used and the language.

In General attributes of the Text field in Smartform

TYPE --> include Text

START --> New paragraph

TEXT NAME --> Give the text name created in SO10 in capital letters

TEXT OBJECT --> TEXT

TEXT ID --> Give the Text ID you used while creating the text in SO10

LANGUAGE --> Give the language you used when creating the text in SO10. You can also specify a variable here. For example if you have create the text Z_TEXT1 in two different languages EN and FR, then based on a condition you will assign the language to a variable say v_language in the smart form in a code. Then you can mention here &V_LANGUAGE&

You want that no error message is displayed if for any reason the text is not appearing so that you can view the smartform just tick the check box 'No error if no text exists'

In the paragraph formats, you can apply to the text the paragraph format created, from your smart style used in your smart form.

If your text contain only one line or one paragraph, be sure to mention the paragraph format in 'First paragraph'. You need to choose the paragraph from the search help.

And then if you have more than one paragraph in your text, and want to apply the SAME or DIFFERENT paragraph format to the other paragraph, you need to mention the paragraph format again in 'Std paragraph'.

I hope the above will help you.

if ever any more clarifications are needed, you can contact me.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

this document will help u deal such issues in smartforms.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVSCRSF/BCSRVSCRSF.pdf

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saroj,

Please find my answers in brackets for your quires.

Please any body tell me how to creat text modules and include texts in smart forms.

(Use Tcode SMARTFORMS -> TEXT MODULES -> GIVE THE REQUIRED TEXT -> SAVE. Then use this text module in genral attributes.)

I have tried to creat a text module in SO10.But while i gave the name of the text module in text field,

it is showing that text module does not exist.Please tell me what to give in the fields like

text,text id,object id,language.Please tell me about the step by step process of creation of text modules

and include text.

(If you only need to output the text, you don't need to used READ_TEXT like in an ABAP program,

just use the INCLUDE command in SAPScript. It will read the text and output it to your form.

The Syntax is like this:

/: INCLUDE &T166K-TXNAM& OBJECT &T166K-TDOBJECT& ID &T166K-TDID& LANGUAGE &EKKO

However for creation of standard text in sap script goto SO10->Enter Text Name,text Id,text language. After creating standard text, you need to copy these into testing client.

)

Please tell me wheather scripts are language dependent or independent.

(Script are language dependant. However while creation of sap script there is an option to maintain this script in all languages. but if want to display text i that perticular languages then you need to do translation. For translation ues tcode SE76 also after doing translation, you need to activate those changes and transport these changes via SCC1)

what to do to print a certain text in a page in script.

(First you have design page and window in which you have to print text. Also for printing any value , you have to use & mark e.g &TEXT& here text contains any value)

Hope this works for you.

Thanks.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Go to So10 CREATE A Z STANDARD text and save it.

2) Now go to Smart forms.

3) Create a Window and add a new text.

4) Got ot tab General Attributes got to Type and check the option for Include text.

5) Give the Z Stsndard text name which u have created through So10.

6) Give f4 over text object and id u will get it.

7) Save and Activate smart form u will get the text displayed on Smart forms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

[Including Text Module |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/0c/ef1fae008c11d4b588006094192fe3/content.htm]

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scripts are language independent.

If you want to write any text.Create a window and give a text element under that write the text.FOr the formatting options create paragraph or charecter settings and use them in the command box.

Regards,

jaya