cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager - Display EWA in MS Word problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have already set up successfully my EWA and now the reports are generated every Monday.

But when the reports are ready, I click on the button to view the report in MS Word and got a popup with an error saying :"Internal problem with application: check Microsoft Word"

I have already installed the MS Word Viewer 2003 on the frontend with sapgui logged on to SolMan.

Please kindly help to advise what are the other configurations I have to do.

Thanks everyone for viewing and helping.

Allen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

It's gonna be very hard and take me a very long time to install MS Word in my server, the best thing I can do is to setup the MS Word Viewer, and I have tried both 2002 and 2003 version of this Viewer, but the same problem occurred.

Every please helps to advise further

Thank you

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Allen,

you need to have MS Word 2003 for report to get generated.....

Also have u followed this procedure to get the report:

Also are you following this procedure to genertate EWA:

Choose the Create Word Report symbol.

Choose a report type.

When you have generated the report, it appears as an attachment.Then you view it

Otherwise you can forward the report as an email attachment to your mailbox and then you can view it

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

> It's gonna be very hard and take me a very long time to install MS Word in my server,

You don't need it on the server, only on a work station. It has to run a VBA macro to generate the report in Word, which is then stored back on the server. Then anyone else should be able to use the Viewer to see the generated report (the macro only has to run once, and I assume the Viewer doesn't supports macros).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Allen,

Yes. Sean is correct.

We had this problem. It was resolved after we ran VBA macro.

Check this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282830 for steps to run VBA macro.

Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

The problem got to be with MS-Word viewer version

SAP recommends that you should have a version 2002

try installing MS-WORD 2003 and then try it,I am not saying for the version of MS-Viewer.

Also are you following this procedure to genertate EWA:

Choose the Create Word Report symbol.

Choose a report type.

When you have generated the report, it appears as an attachment.Then you view it

Hope it helps

Rohit