cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combined order based and delivery based billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus,

We are using ZTAN items and ZTAD items on the sales orders. We are trying to figure out how to combine these two together to create one invoice. Can you guys help us with what the configuration should be in order do this? I woudl like to knwo what settings I need to make in item category and also what settings need to be changed in the copy controls? Do I need to change them for F2 and other settings in VTFA?

Please let us know.

Sincerely,

Nina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nina,

Do you mean to say that in one sales order there are two items with Item category TAN and TAD ( i.e, a std item and another a servic mayerial, lets say) and you want to have one invoice for both the items.

well, If this is the question, the you can do it.

Splitting in he invoice happens due to difference header data. So if your header data is same, then you can have both the items in one invoice.

Please revert back if this was not your question. Also write whether you are doing order based billing or delivery based billing.

-- Shivaji.

Edited by: Shivaji Paul Choudhury on Mar 4, 2009 9:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shivaji,

We are using order based billing for the ZTAD items right now and using delivery based billing for the ZTAN items. So, to answer your question, we do want to combine these two together.

I have tried setting the VTFA copy control settings to 001, and I still can't seem to get the two line items to combine.

Note, I only created a new copy control for the ZTAD items.

I looked to see if the header data was different and this was the log that was outputted but I can't seem to figure out what this means:

Fld Name $000000001 $000000002

Combination criteria in the bi 0013030 00330308000000064

Assignment number $

I am not sure how to analyze this. If you have any suggestions, I would be really appreciative. Thanks for all of your help Shivaji.

Sincerely,

Nina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nina,

I think, In VTFA in the header level, uncheck mark the indicators against "Determined EXPORT DATA", "Assignment Number","Reference number" & "Copy Item No".. I.e, Dont redetermine the export data and do not give the assignment no and the reference no.

Please revert if it works.

Thanks,

Shivaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Answer 1:

Step 1- Make the non-stock material deliverable that is ZTAD in T-code VOV7, Change Billing relevance as B.

Step 2- Create This item category ZTAD in T code VOLB by copying the standard TAN.Here Change the setting that its not pickable by uncheck the mark in Relevent for picking .

Step 3- Create this item category ZTAD in the Copy Control> Delivery to Billing T code- VTFL by Coping the standard item category.

Both items will carry into the delivery, and therefore appear on the same invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the Assignment number and Reference number in the copy control at the header level details in VTFA.

For this message and try it .

We are using order based billing for the ZTAD items right now and using delivery based billing for the ZTAN items. So, to answer your question, we do want to combine these two together.

I have tried setting the VTFA copy control settings to 001, and I still can't seem to get the two line items to combine.

Note, I only created a new copy control for the ZTAD items.

I looked to see if the header data was different and this was the log that was outputted but I can't seem to figure out what this means:

Fld Name $000000001 $000000002

Combination criteria in the bi 0013030 00330308000000064

Assignment number $

I am not sure how to analyze this. If you have any suggestions, I would be really appreciative. Thanks for all of your help Shivaji.

Sincerely,

Nina

Answers (0)