cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship in Business Partner repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to do a relationship among the BP where each record in Main Table correspond a BP (Person or Organization).

The relationship should link the BPs as shown below:

Records

1; John

2; Mary

3; ACME

In record 1, I need to say that John is married with Mary, where Married is a type of the relationship and that Mary is Owner of the ACME, where u201COwneru201D is other relationship type.

I have tried to configure a Relationship (where the parent and child tables were the Main Table) in MDM, but I couldnu2019t to do it because the screen for this feature was locked. I need to be certified that the child link exist in the repository.

Thank you.

Evandro.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Evandro,

I am listing the steps to create a relationship manually.

1. Create 2 records in the relationship table in console, one for "Married to" and the other one for "Owner". In order to do that the repository needs to be unloaded.

2. Once you create these 2 records in the table through console, load the repository.

3. Log on to the Data Manager.

4. Now as per your example, there are 3 records in the main table, namely

JOHN

MARY

ACME

5. Select only one record in the record list area e.g. JOHN (where you see the list of records)

6. Then, in the record edit area, double click on the relationship tab,

7. New Window opens up.

8. HERE ALL THE OPTIONS ARE GRAYED OUT. But Select the relationship which you want to create, in our case married to.

9. Now select the record MARY in the record list area. (NOT in the pop window, but main window).

10. Then on the top bar menu, select Relationships --> Adds to Group.

11. Now close the Pop window and observe that the relationship has been created between JOHN and MARY.

Let me know if it worked for you. if not, post some more information about your problem such as where you tried to configure and what options were grayed out.

Please update.

Thanks

Shai

-

I need to do a relationship among the BP where each record in Main Table correspond a BP (Person or Organization).

The relationship should link the BPs as shown below:

Records

1; John

2; Mary

3; ACME

In record 1, I need to say that John is married with Mary, where Married is a type of the relationship and that Mary is Owner of the ACME, where u201COwneru201D is other relationship type.

I have tried to configure a Relationship (where the parent and child tables were the Main Table) in MDM, but I couldnu2019t to do it because the screen for this feature was locked. I need to be certified that the child link exist in the repository.

Thank you.

Evandro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Evandro,

The step by step process mentioned by Shailendra would definetly work.

SR

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evandro,

For additional information on building relationship in MDM follow the below link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e001fc23-704e-2b10-7092-86e574e2... (Relationship in mdm)

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto