cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between Inspection Types and Movement Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have setup a custom inspection 08ST for stock transfers. I have the following questions :

1. If I activate both 08 and 08ST for a material, which one will the system pick when a lot is generated ?

2. Does the selection of Inspection Type depends only on the PREFERRED check box in the QM View of Material Master

3. Is there any connection between Movement Type and Inspection Type ? If yes, where can I see it ?

Regards,

Manish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. sytem will create inspection lot for 08 -- if prefered is not selected for both.

2. If prefered is checked - that inspection type inspection lot will be created.(means newly created lot after this check box)

3. SAP std itself provide this no need for special check unless otherwise if you want to create any inspection lot for particular movement -- go to OMJJ transaction check the QM

Let me know if you need furher info

Thanks

Sami

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. 08 will be picked as it has priority 1 by default in insp type assignment to IL origin.

2. if 08 and 08ST are assigned to same IL origin, the preferred one will be override default preferred one

ie if 08ST is ticked prefered it will override 08.

3. Yes, You can check in SPRO, QM->QI->insp lot creation->insp for goods movement->mvt type/update control/IL origin.

Hope this help u

Regards

Venugopal