Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making change in original application file for new version

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to DMS.

I have a basic query about versioning of DIR.

I have created a DIR with status in Released.

I have attached a original application to the DIR. Now when I am creating a new version of DIR, original application file is also getting copied to the new version which is desired.

My problem is I want to make changes into original application file in new version of DIR and want to save. But I am unable to do so. It is not allowing me to change the original application file for new version which is desired for storing some ISO documents.

Is there any settings which I am missing?

Waiting for reply ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj

Since the document is released you can't make any changes to it.In new version you can copy the original to desktop and delete it from dir and then make the necessary changes to it and then attach again.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to make changes in the "Release" Status, go to dc10, select Doc type and define status screen. Do not put "S" (Lock mode) for Status - Release

Also please check in new version , you are clicking on Edit symbol in Orginals tab, if u double click the file, it would open always in display mode , and it wont allow you to make any changes

Regards

Aby

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Prasad,

Thanks for your reply.

Document Released stauts is set as Primary status so DIR is not getting locked.

In this case can I make changes in the original application file in new version?

Regards,

Niraj

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Aby,

Thanks very much.

Now with Edit button I could make changes to the Original application file.

My DIR release status was set as P only. But I was not looking at Edit button.

Thanks verry much for your prompt reply.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever process your doing is right.

Only you have to do is after creating New version the DIR will open in the created status(which is the first status as you configured). Here you just right click on the original attached in edit mode and do the changes and save.No need to do any setting in customization.

Hope this will solve your Problem.

Regards

Prasad

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Prasad,

Thanks very much.

I did the same thing and its working fine.

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar