cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Server going down problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to MDM and need suggestion for troubleshooting problem of MDM server going down.

Please provide me steps or links for finding the root cause of MDM server going down. We are facing very frequent problem with MDM 5.5 server going down.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pravin,

You can try to find the reason in the log files of MDM Server. Trace files and log files are essential for analyzing problems. The MDM Console provides several log files that can be examined in the MDM Console.

you can find the logs in

SAP MDM Servers - <Server> - Logs

Audit - Logs for logon attempts on the MDM Server

Server - Logs for all actions on the MDM Server

Assertion- Logs for all errors on the MDM Server

Hope it helps

Thanks

SR

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

This usually happens when there is less disk space to perform the required task and hence MDM Server shuts down. Also if you are on UNIX then check the ulimit -a for the mdm user and set all the parameters to unlimited.

Free the disk space and then try to perform the operations.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pravin,

You can monitor different logs that are standard with MDM which record all activities such as server down. There are different logs available and you will find information of those logs, where are they created and what actions update which logs in the following blog.

Also, you can find out whether MDM server is running or not, using different options such as

a. CLIX commands

b. In the Console (Manual)

C. Using APIs

d. Using CCMS.

Here is the more information about the options.

You can also write a script which will conteneously check the log file and if there is a break or specific information is written in the log, then the MDM server will be restarted automatically. However, the best approach is to find the root cause and fix it rather than starting the server automatically when it is down.

Let me know if it was helpful. If you have more questions, do post here and do update your questions.

Thanks,

Shai

Hi All,

I am new to MDM and need suggestion for troubleshooting problem of MDM server going down.

Please provide me steps or links for finding the root cause of MDM server going down. We are facing very frequent problem with MDM 5.5 server going down.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Pravin