cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form not so interactive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working to implement an offline interactive form scenario on CRM 2007. I've created a new Template of type Adobe XML Form File, using the CRM Document Template Designer under CRM UI->Sales Operations. Then created a Web Service using the Web Service Tool, at the same screen, using the wizard.

Then clicked Start Designer and designed the layout using LiveCycle designer. I created 2 data connections. 1 for read and 1 for change. I dragged the fields and exported the file.

Finally, I created an appointment on the Calendar, and added this new template to the attachments. This created a PDF attachment with all the fields dynamically filled in correctly from the appointment data using the webservice.

However, this PDF is not interactive. The button is not clickable. The text boxes are not editable. The form looks like a PDF document but not interactive.

Am I missing anything here?

I am not using SFP to create a form. I'm using CRM UI's Document Template tool.

I am not using SE80 to create the webservice. I'm using CRM UI's Web Service tool.

I confirm the Adobe Credentials are installed and I've tested interactive form functionality on this system by running SE38 then FP_TEST_IA_01 program, I get an interactive form properly.

Best Regards,

Ogeday Isiklar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suggestion : in ALD (adobe livecycle designer), did you make the form "interactive" in File Properties ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me how to get to the "File Properties" please?

I've checked the File menu, there is a Form Properties item, which I couldn't find an "Interactive" setting.

Regards,

Ogeday

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ogeday ,

Once you click Form Properties, it opens a window, navigate to the defaults tab, and for the drop down for XDP Preview Format select the interactive version from it.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. That setting is already so.

Regards,

Ogeday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ogeday,

If the form is interactive or not is not a setting in the form template it is a parameter when the form is generated on the server.

Only the latest CRM version (the one that belongs to the Business Suite 7.0 i think) supports creating interactive forms. Then there is a check box in the document template tool to specify this.

The ABAP code in the CRM system would have to be modified to generate fillable and dynamic PDF forms.

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Right on the spot really. I've come into the following code in class CL_CRM_OI_ADS, method CALL_ADS. I repaired 1 line as below and now all forms are interactive!

This is around line 47.

*         set template
*{   REPLACE        CR5K900218                                        1
*\      lr_pdfobj->set_template( xftdata = x_template ).
      lr_pdfobj->set_template( xftdata = x_template fillable = 'X' ).
*}   REPLACE

Best Regards,

Ogeday Isiklar