cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Guidence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to MDM and I am following these quite a few days. I have seen many forums on JAVA API. Do I need to know java coding in order to import master data. Where exactly and how JAVA API comes into picture.

Another question is regarding importing the master data in LSMW. Is it a part of MDM. While trying to google on this topic I found this link. Is it helpful.

http://www.erpgenie.com/utilities/576-step-by-step-guide-for-using-lsmw

By going through the forums I am quite scared because you guys are very good and since I am a fresh grad, I doubt whether I will be able to crack the interviews. Man you guys are experts.

How to know whether I am ready for an interview. Is there any chance for freshers. I am learning SAP-Basis with MDM. I tried to go for ABAP, but dont like coding.

Please guide me....!

Thanks in advance.

Suchir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suchir,

I am new to MDM and I am following these quite a few days. I have seen many forums on JAVA API. Do I need to know java coding in order to import master data. Where exactly and how JAVA API comes into picture.

- MDM Java Api is an additional package that comes along with MDM to integrate MDM with other Java based systems like Portal.Where you want to call teh MDM funstiond on WAS using the Java api provided by SAP.You do not necessarily need Java coding knowledge to work with the MDM tool.

Another question is regarding importing the master data in LSMW. Is it a part of MDM. While trying to google on this topic I found this link. Is it helpful.

- LSMW is a generic approach for data extraction and migration.Master data management and maintainence happens in the SAP MDM tool.The master data can either be centrally created in MDM or be imported from differnt ERP/Legacy system.

SAP has provided standard transaction like MDM_CLNT_EXTR to extract ECC master data and push it in to MDM.LSMW is not primarly used in this area.

By going through the forums I am quite scared because you guys are very good and since I am a fresh grad, I doubt whether I will be able to crack the interviews. Man you guys are experts.

How to know whether I am ready for an interview. Is there any chance for freshers. I am learning SAP-Basis with MDM. I tried to go for ABAP, but dont like coding

- Every technolgy is unknown for you unless you get in to it and learn it.So with MDM.iN fact mdm is comparatively easier for you as it does not include coding(and you dont liek coding).You can begin with learning MDM using the following link:

(new to MDM)

(new to MDM)

[original link is broken] (Getting started with MDM)

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suchir,

MDM is SAP tool to manage Master Data. The knowledge of Master Data either in SAP ERP or any other application will help to understand MDM. The first step in learning MDM is understanding the Master data at a high level and then get in to the Tool SAP-MDM to understand how MDM address those master data issues.

The best part of MDM is that it is all configuration driven so no coding or much hard work is required to get the concepts right and fast.

If you want to integrate with Web Portal little knowledge of JAVA or ABAP is required.

For MDM info you can check the following links:

For SAP MDM documentation you can follow the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/D7AED5058201B4E10000000A11466F/frameset.htm

Hope this helps and Good luck:)

Best Regards,

Silpa