Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users Are Not Removed From Old Position Via Structural Auth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello...

Has anyone experienced an issue where someone move from one position into a new one, the old reporting manager can still see this person information via structural auth? There's a general structural profile with the evaluation path o-s-p and function module RH_GET_ORG_ASSIGNMENT which is assigned to all accounts in the system. This profile works as intended when Person A moves to a different position reporting to Manager B. Manager B can view Person A information (time, personal, etc.); however, the system does not remove Person A from Manager A. In addition, the RHPROFL0 is scheduled twice a day.

Thanks for any insights or thoughts on this issue.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can manager A also see new time dependent data from the employee A? They would still see old data, from before the position change.

If this is already okay, then first things I would check are whether Manager A perhaps has a manually assigned profile (possibly from times which pre-date the structural switches having been turned on?) which includes an authorization for this employee somewhere, or, whether the tolerance time in transaction OOAC has not been exceeded yet?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julius for your input.

The policy is when an employee moves to a different position, the previous Manager (A) are not allowed to view any data of previous employees. There's no manual assigned profile and the current tolerance time in OOAC is set to the standard 15, which in this example, the employee was moved to the new position last fall according to the HR record in SAP. I'm bewildered while the system will add employee to the new manager but it won't remove that employee from the old manager. When I go to OOSB and click on the blue letter "i" of the old manager, it still shows the old employee(s). Any thought?

0 Kudos

Hmm...

Which release and SP are you on?

Also check the depth of the profile (just in case the employees were demoted...) and the period (although you mention that it should be current only).

I have only been involved is custom implementations of "structural authorizations" because the standard is quite tricky and complex to find an error or inconsistency - so hopefully one of the other gurus who are more familiar with it can help as well.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

The release is ECC 6.0 and SP is 15.

The depth of the profile is 0....puzzling

0 Kudos

And the period?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Period was the problem. The structural profile had "all" when it should have been "key date". Thanks Julius.

0 Kudos

Nice to know you found the "bug" in the config and that the standard structural authorizations do work correctly if set up correctly...

Cheers,

Julius