Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File adpter --don't raise alerts when file does not exist in folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Scenario is File --- >XI ---> SAP.

I must archieve the file after it got polled. and iam polling for every 60 mins, if the file does not exist,it is throwing an alert like "Could not process file '.file..xml: No such file or directory '

Is there any way i can avoid raising an alert if file does not exist in the source folder.

we are on XI 3.0 sp23?

Thanks

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP came back through an OSS ticket and indicated that the RFC 959 protocol is not being supported by the ftp server in question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

This is what is causing the issue, as number of experts suggested in this thread if there is no file in the directory usually file adapter doesn't give any error.

ftp://10.205.17.60:21/SAP_FTP/USCORBTDEV/Fusion_INBOX/SALES.xml, try changing the SALES.xml to sales.

don't give the file name in the directory path if you are doing so.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your Subject:

>Sender File adpter --don't raise alerts when file does not exist in folder

is contradictory to your question.

>if the file does not exist,it is throwing an alert like "Could not process file '.file..xml: No such file or directory '

> Is there any way i can avoid raising an alert if file does not exist in the source folder.

I know you want to say "Don't Raise alerts when file does not exist in folder". Correct me if I am wrong.

Some times it happens, when we write the right thing but it means something else and this is the reason many experts have replied, "how to raise an alert". So if you remove the word "Sender File adapter" from your subject then it will be easy to understand the exact meaning.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for misleading all of you.

My Scenario is File> XI>SAP

An alert is being raised when there is no file in the folder.

Can any body guide me how to avoid raising an alert when the file does not exits in the folder.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post the error whats showing in messaging system for File sender adapter.

May it will help to identify the reason behind your failure. Did you check that source directory exists in FTP server?

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

The FTP directory exists in source,when there is no file in the folder,it is raising an alert.

The error is communication channel monitoring is

Could not process file 'SALES.xml: No such file or directory ': com.sap.exception.standard.SAPIllegalArgumentException: The parameter "argument" has the value "ftp://10.205.17.60:21/SAP_FTP/USCORBTDEV/Fusion_INBOX/SALES.xml: No such file or directory ", so it contains the character "*" which is not allowed

Please suggest

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or may be you can try with

ftp://10.205.17.60:21/SAP_FTP/USCORBTDEV/Fusion_INBOX/*.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i give the filename(full name) with out any '*'

then the error it is displaying as

Could not process due to error: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 SALES.xml: No such file or directory : No such file or directory .

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like cache is not refreshed as error is showing Filename even though you put *

go to SXI_CACHe and check its green

make sure activated the changes

refresh CPA cache and try again

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For me it seems an authorization issue. Check with your BASIS consultant about authorization of File, Source dir & the FTP user.

If your XI system is installed on unix then ask him to provide the authorization as 777.

Also in your integration directory from menu Environment --->Clear SLD Data Cache.

Alternatively keep an eye on this thread, you may get your ans.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not working, still showing the same error.Pls Help .

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in RWB in alert configuration, select your alert category and click on change rule........then select the option that only Integration engine errors should be sent in alert and not adapter engine errors......then save your alert rule...........

then you should not get alert for file does not exist in folder.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The file adapter will never give any error or alert kind of thing if the file is not present in the source directory.

This could be an authorization issue. Check with BASIS consultant if source dir & file is having all the authorizations (read/write/delete) .

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Srinivas

I know that in message mapping, you can use UDF to trigger a alert at runtime.

In your case, you can try develop adapter module to trigger alert if there is no file being pick up.

Regards.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Srinivas

I know that in message mapping, you can use UDF to trigger a alert at runtime.

In your case, you can try develop adapter module to trigger alert if there is no file being pick up.

Regards.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

normally no alert will be generated if file does not exists if it throws then we cannot say polling for that..

errors will throw only if there is any failure in adapters check your adapter entries with ftp entries

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

There are no errors on adapters.

Can you guide me what i must in not getting this alert "when the file does not exist in the folder"

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want alerts if file does not exists in folder you need to change your design i feel ,need to go for BPM.

But what is the need for raising alerts for this option ,can you provide more details about your scenario.

Rajesh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

i think the alert was raised because there was no folder like given in Adapter Configuration. No file inside is actually no error, shouldnt raise an alert. You can stop the alert if you change or delete the alert rule at RTW.

Regards,

Udo