cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to navigate from view of slave DC to view of matser DC?

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I've got DC1 (master) and DC2 (slave) in different projects. Both projects are WD Java local DC projects. DC2 has one component (say A) with view, window, view interface, controller and controller interface and has no applications. This view should be called at start of application. Only DC1 has application. Public parts created properly so DC2 visible for DC1.

In main window of DC1 I embedded View Interface from DC2 and make it default. View Interface has outbound plug connected with inbound plug for View of DC1.

What I should to do to allow user navigate from View Interface of DC2 to view of DC1 by press button placed at view of DC2?

I'm working with NW7.0.

Regards, Lev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

1.Create an outbound plug in your DC2 view.

2.Create an in bound plug in DC1

3.Create a navigation link between these plugs.

4. Create a button in your DC2.

5.In the action of button, fire the Out plug.

wdThis.wdFire<plugname>;

hope this will meet your requirement.

Jithin

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for replies!

Jithin, Jhansi.

There is one more question. It's not allowed to embed view from DC2 directly in window of DC1. I can use only view interface from DC2 for embedding and connect outbound plug of view interface to view of DC1. But outbound plug of view interface and outbound plug of view are different things. So how I can tell to my app that outbound plug of view interface should be fired while I'm firing oubound plug of view?

Hope my desciprion is clear...

Regards, Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

Your requirement is to navigate from DC2 to DC1 right?

1.So in the interface view of the DC2 create an Outplug "" ToDC1Out".

2.Create an Inplug "fromDC2In" in DC1.

3.Create the navigation link.

As i have already mentioned above, create a button in DC2 and in the onAction of this button write this code.

wdThis.wdGetDC2InterfaceViewController().wdFirePlugToDC1Out;

Hope it is clear now.

Jithin

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jithin.

Yes, you right.

I have already done positions 1-3 as you suggested. But "wdThis.wdGetDC2InterfaceViewController()" says that wdGetDC2InterfaceViewController() method is undefined. I mean there is no method with "nterfaceViewController" suffix for wdThis.

May be I have missed something in properties of views, interfaces...

regards, Lev

Edited by: Lev Kulaev on Mar 4, 2009 11:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct.

In the properties tab of the View in DC2, add DC2 interfaceview controller as your required controller.

This will solve the issue.

Regards,

Jithin

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you right!!

It was so simple...

BIG Thaks, my question is answered!

Regards, Lev

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to navigate from view of slave DC to view of matser DC?

This is not possible.We cannot navigate back form the slave dc view to master dc view.Only thing which you can do is destroying the view of the slave dc.

You can have a view layout and in one section you can embed the required slave dc view and

destroy it when it is not needed.

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What I should to do to allow user navigate from View Interface of DC2 to view of DC1 by press button placed at view of DC2?

Hi

One solution will be already provided by jithin james .

Apart from that if u want to make something generic (For your case View interface of different Dc) follow this [Best practices |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0409d83-5ed5-2910-ef91-e41da6d5b8b4]

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an Outbound in DC2 View and link that plug to Inbound plug of DC1 view (when you embed the Interface View you will get an Inbound plug by default).

Thanks & Regards,

Jhansi Miryala