Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error from jscpout.txt

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

MI 7.1:

I have a custom jsp-application where I try to synchronize (generic sync).

I have used this application on MI2.5, but now try to set the application up with MI 7.1. I get this error message:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Testing connection with backend

2009-03-03 12:02:00 ... Thread: Thread-13 Error: Error while persisting container item --> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot update parent during create of child

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.sync.ChangeListenerImpl.beforeInsert()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.pers.PersistenceManager.create()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.compat.SyncOutboundContainer.addItem()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.compat.SyncOutboundContainer.addItem()

The code is usually working fine, but now I am using the Mobile Client for MI 7.1.

Any ideas what may cause this?

Regs

Øyvind

Edited by: Jørn Thomassen on Mar 4, 2009 5:44 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

In Mobile 7.1 the outbound container / any sync message is persisted in the data base,no seperate folder is created under MI folder for synchronization.

Regards,

Shobhit

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you,

but is this done completely by the MI client or do I have to initialize anything in the database? Usually I have to define tables with attributes to persist data, but what about sync messages?

If you look at my error message it gives an error while persisting. Do you have any ideas what caused this error?

Regs

Øyvind

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

also I am missing the folder MI/sync.

On my previous mobile client at 2.5 SP14 outboundcontainer-items where placed in this folder when I created new outboundcontainers. This may explain the error while persisting container item.

I have tried to make a new folder called "sync", but it doesn't help. Is some configuration still missing in my client?

Regs

Øyvind