cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed Scheduling Planning Board

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am running a demo for Project Manufacturing which is based on Integration of SAP R/3 PS and SAP APO. I've very less know-how of APO and hence I'm facing trouble running the Demo. I would request you to guide me with the details and right path.

The details of the demo process are:-

Step1: Adjust required overlaod for a dummy project (ERP)

- In this step, we open project builder (CJ20n) and choose a dummy project and ensure that there are no successor relationships between two activities.

Step2: Schedule dummy project to adjust requirement dates for blocked capacity (ERP)

-In this step, we open project builder (CJ20n) and choose the dummy project and do date adjustment so that demo can be performed in future. We delete the start date present in the network and change the finish date to 90 days in future.

Step3: Perform Production Planning Run to reschedule dummy planned orders for blocking capacities(APO)

- In this step, Planning is done to look at activities to identify material requirements. Planned orders are modified to account for the new dates of the project.

Step4: Check the situation in the planning board and delete orders from previous demos, if required (APO)

- This step is done to delete orders that will affect capacity on machines being used for our planned orders, those that would use the same machine over the same period of time.

I'm facing trouble in this step. This step tells to go to the 'Detailed Scheduling Planning Board - Variable View' and select a given profile saved as a variant. When I execute the same, I do not see any planned orders attached to my project wherein the demo step mentions that there would be 3 planned orders and these should be adjusted to meet the capacity overload.

It would be really great if you can give some hints as to why I'm unable to see the desired results as mentioned in the demo script.

Regards,

Mazdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mazdul,

I have already given you all the various scenarios in which planned orders were not seen and everything was checked. From your observation, as planned orders are seen in rrp3 before upgrade, it shows clearly that it is not performance issue with system but only data migration issue after upgrade.

I would suggest you create a OSS note to SAP so that they can advise you the suitable patch or support pack or note to be applied to rectify this issue.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I'm not able to see individual items in product view. I do not see any planned order there. The system on which I'm working was SCM 4.2 and it got upgraded to SCM 7.0 two months back. I was able to see planned order in the transaction /nsapapo/rrp3 earlier when it was not upgraded.

As far as production planning run is considered, there are no errors and no warnings.

Please suggest me the ways to move ahead and solve this problem.

Regards,

Mazdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mazdul,

1) Please check whether the planned orders are seen for individual items in Product view (/n/sapapo/rrp3). If yes, check the dates whether they are modified properly as per step 3 mentioned.

2) Also check on the capacity of resources whether maintained as per the demo requirements. If capacity is not maintained properly, during shifting, those planned orders will be dropped due to shifting.

3) Just look into the logs of Production planning run whether any scheduling related errors are seen and correct them suitably.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for taking a look into the problem and guiding me. I have checked the details.

1. The Profile has got correct Plant.

2. Display start date & Planning start date is 1.12.2008 and End of display and Planning end dates are 31.03.2010.

3. No checkbox is ticked

4. Yes I was able to do the steps 1-3

Warm Regards,

Mazdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mazdul,

Please check on the following.

1) Whether the profile containing the variant has got the correct material no, plant(location) etc., so that it displays the correct data what you are looking for.

2) Whether the display start date, end of display date, planning start date and planning end date are provided correctly

3) Ensure No checkbox made on variable view against "Bottleneck resource" & checkbox against "Finite scheduling"

4) Also please confirm whether you are successfully able to complete till steps 1 to 3.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.