Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of Auth. Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me out to transport an existing Authorization Group.The group is the one for the ABAP programs.

Thanks

Peeyush

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to transport the table; when you are in txn code SE54, click on the radio button for authorization groups, then click on change and then select Table View --> Transport. A transport request will appear.

With Regards,

Lolla.

0 Kudos

Hi Lolla,

My auth group is for ABAP programs and not tables.SE54 is for the auth groups for tables,I guess.

Peeyush

0 Kudos

That'll probabely be in a table as well. Maybe an ABAP-er can find and transport that table for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are in 2 seperate tables which serve seperate but related purposes.

Instead of assigning the authorization group in the ABAP editor (SE38, etc) for each report, you are wanting to synchronize them accross a system landscape and would also want to replace them for standard reports you have protected after an upgrade.

For this report RSCSAUTH is provided. If you read the documentation on it in SE38 it should be clear to you how it works and how to transport from it.

Note that if you assign an auth group via this report, the ABAP Editor will throw a warning at the developer if they try to change the group directly in SE38. It does not explicitly state that they are bringing the concept out of sync, and they can accept the warning.

Best is to show them how to use RSCSAUTH correctly... and always make the changes from there.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

We have an existing auth. grp in table:TPGP.We want this to be transported.It is provided to ABAPers to use in their program.

Peeyush

0 Kudos

Why do you want to transport the table within a landscape? You should only use it in development...

Anyway, try SM30 or else SM31 then --> although I am not exactly sure what the delivery class and key fields of the table is so you might end up with duplicate records if you transport them all...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

We want one particular auth. group in table TPGP to be transported,not the entire table.Our corresponding role will be going from QA and then to PROD.

Peeyush.

0 Kudos

Pardon me for being nosy, but why would anyone want to do such a thing?

Last time I checked, it was anyway just a warning that the group name did not exist. Just hit Enter. Same goes for the others, if the user has authority to change the program attributes or run RSCSAUTH program for it...

Cheers,

Julius