Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass generation of Derived Roles

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SUPC helps me in Mass generation of Master Roles. But how do I generate Derived roles in a lot?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The fastest way I've found was to go into each parent and generate the derived roles from there. This can be automated with SECATT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,The best way is to go into each master role and then going into the change authorizations:

Authorizations Tab->Adjust Derived ->Generate Derived Roles

0 Kudos

Which is different from my comment in which way?

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

So, nothing new there..... eCATT it is then.

jens_hoetger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we also missed this function when we started using derivation of roles. I developed some years ago a program which does this, also possible to start it in background mode. It runs daily (in front of PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY) and adjust derived roles from updated parent roles (which came into the system via transport request).

Because I developed the program in my working time it's owned by my company, therefore I can not post the source. Just a few hints:

- parent roles and derived roles: you will find them in table AGR_DEFINE

- roles imported into the system: with function module TMS_TM_GET_TRLIST you can get yesterday's imported transport requests, you can read the object list with function module TMS_WBO_READ_REQUEST (those with R3TR ACGR have roles in it).

- build up an internal table of parent roles (consider the derivation level: first process the top level role, then it's derived roles, and then their derived roles and so on).

- use function module SUPRN_TRANSFER_AUTH_DATA for adjusting the derived roles of a parent role.

HTH and kind regards

Jens Hoetger