cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS Java Installation virtual Hostnames

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to install an AS JAVA on windows 2003/mssql 2005.

our only issue is, that we want to use virtual hostnames.

So we first installed the MSSQL Software (in mixed mode) on the system

When we start the sapinst we use the parameter SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME.

But when the Question for the database comes it says : There exists no thrusted connection (18452).

When we try to connect to the MSSQL with the management studio we cant connect with the Windows authorization, but with the sa and the password we used we can connect without problems.

So now my questions:

1.) If i want to have a single stack system, i have an ABAP System with its database and SID and a JAVA AS with its SID and database ? (not addin ?), lateron connected in post processing.

2.) when we use virtual hostnames, how to connect to the DB ? (how to get the user thrusted)

Edited by: Michael Hofbauer on Mar 3, 2009 12:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I guess you are referring to webdynpro, for example. The Webdynpro java applications use adaptive RFC to connect to a WAS ABAP. You can find documentation for that at http://help.sap.com. The connection is done with the java connector (jco).

Maybe this can give you some ideas:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/3a/3b1b40fcdd8f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Désirée

Edited by: Desiree Matas on Mar 16, 2009 2:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Desiree,

then "my" sense of arcitecture was correct to have a standalone Java AS with its own SID and database.

But now (please dont laugh) how to connect them ? My UME is already running on ABAP and the user management works well, but the "rest" as written before doesnt, is there any "howto" document for this connections ?

Kind regards Michael

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

If you want to use different servers, you will have to install a WAS Abap in one server and a WAS Java standalone in the other. You cannot 'split' a java add-in.

Afterwards, you could connect both systems.

Regards,

Désiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Desiree,

thx for your reply, but i think my main problem is the architecture itself.

Maybe i start with what i want to have:

I want 2 have a single stack system, where ABAP is located on one server and JAVA AS on an other.

Shall i install here the addin version or JAVA as ? And then, when i shall install JAVA As how to connect them ? for using (eg Webdynpro,ADS,...)

kind regards Michael

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

is there any specific reason for using virtual hostnames? Is that installation a cluster?

Regarding your question 1) there are two types of java systems: add-in and standalone. For the first one, you firstly need to install an abap system, and then install the java as and add-in of the abap. The abap will be the datasource of the java, and it is a requirement that the abap is up so that the java can start. The data is in the same database, but in a different schema.

A standalone WAS java is different, and the datasource may be the database or an LDAP. It has no dependence with any ABAP system. Review note 718383 if you are thinking of change the UME datasource afterwards, as no all the possibilities are allowed.

Regards,

Désiré