cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of customer order post

0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know if it's possible to assign a profit center on customer (or object depend of customer) and, when I create a post in customer order, this profit center is automatically entered in field "profit center" on tab "Account assignment" of the post data.

I would therefore have the same assignment on profit center for one customer, whatever the article ordered.

Thanks.

Laurent Guilloteau

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

richard_eason
Explorer
0 Kudos

One option that is very effective for assigning a profit center by customer is to setup a substitution rule for the profit center on sales order.

The IMG path:

controlling

> Profit Center Accounting

> Assignment of Account Assignment Objects to Profit Centers

> Salesorders

> Sales Order Substitutions

> Define Substitution Rules

> Assign Substitution Rules

Here you would setup a substitution. If the logic is simple, with only a few customers affected, then, a simple substitution step will work. If you have a lot of customers that need to override the the profit center, then, a user exit can be used at this point to provide that logic.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to assign Profit Center to Customer and copy that to sales order.

For Your requirement u can do one thing for that particular customer you create the different Material codes for your identification and use particular Profit Center for that materials.

Regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the profit centre cannot be assigned to customer it will always be assigned to material. i dont think your requirment can be met . hope this help.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Profit Center assignment will always be for a material and not for a customer and hence, I dont think your requirement can be met even with ABAP where you cannot 100% rely on the data generated

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi