cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checkbox groupUI element problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have a checkbox group and by simple types iam able to bind text to it,actually i haven taken 3 checkboxes in group but when i binded that attribut to check box group and deploy it and run ,iam able to see only one check box,why is that happening,can you please solve it..

Thanks Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Why dont you create a simple type with multiple values in the enumeration. If you do so then you will automatically get multiple check boxes as soon as you bind the checkbox group with that simple type.

Please note that: You must bind the Checkbox group with the attribute which is under some node whose selection cardinality is 0:n or 1:n. Otherwise it will not allow you to bind the attribute.

I hope this helps you! If you need any further information please lett me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is just wrong. A CheckBoxGroup uses the multi-selection of a context node and not the value set of a DDIC type for its data binding.

This also relates to the other replies.

Armin

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

What do you mean by "value set of a DDIC type for its data binding.". Just try and bind any attribute which is under a context OR a context node whose selection cardinality is lets say 0:1 OR 1:1. it will never allow to bind any attribute which is under such a node.

I have tried this and therefore mentioned the same thing in the post. Kindly let me know what is wrong in this?

Thanks and Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi verma,

Thanks for your reply i have done using simple types(enumeration) only iam able to see the texts but when i try to deply any run my applcationit at that time iam able to see only one check box,why i s that happening

Thanks

Rahul

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please refer this links for Checkbox group:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/0a/16e94d251a164392f3a3415c6d643a/content.htm]

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0e617bc3-0401-0010-2c82-81f82e73300e]

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably you mean RadioButtonGroupByKey. Here we are talking about CheckBoxGroup.

A CheckBoxGroup takes the selections from the multi-selection of a context node and the texts from an attribute inside this node.

A *ByKey UI element takes its values from the value set of a DDIC (data dictionary) type.

Armin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NOT FULLLY SOLVED

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Take one checkBoxGroup .

2. Create one SimpleType and put its values in enumeration.

3. Bind simpleType to Context attribute further checkboxValue property to context

4. Write at WdDoinit : wdContext.currentContextElement().setAa("abc "); for default selection

4. Through Action compare if(text.equals("")) like this

Hope it help you

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

3. Bind simpleType to Context attribute further checkboxValue property to context

4. Write at WdDoinit : wdContext.currentContextElement().setAa("abc "); for default selection

Hope it help you

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont use check box by group. Instead create 3 individual check boxes.

Create 3 attributes of type boolean and bind to it. Use labels to bind text to the check box.

Jithin

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope it help you

Best Regards

Satish Kumar