cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sql server JDBC driver on PI 7.1 having operating system HP UX 11.23

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We require to integrate with SQL server 2005 & 2000 using PI 7.1 , for that my BASIS deployed "JDBC driver for sqlserver 1.0" but after that PI gives message "SAPClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver" , So I told BASIS that

deployment is not correct or not the right driver deployed,

in reply first BASIS shows me the deployment success screenshot of JSPM (PI 7.1) and said that deployment was correct and as per SAP provided guidelines,

second they told me that Our OS HP-UX 11.23 (on which PI is hosted) is not supporting SQL server 2005.

I am not convinced but BASIS is refuse to take the call,

All experts please give your comments on the issue,and suggest specific that how can we resolve the same.(we allready refered the JDBC installation guide)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varun_k
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jackson,

Please refer to this link,

[Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver 1.0|http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=e22bc83b-32ff-4474-a44a-22b6ae2c4e17&displaylang=en]

Please look at the Note under Overview, it says " The JDBC driver is designed to work on any operating system that supports the use of a Java Virtual Machine (JVM). However, only Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, and Windows 2000 or later operating systems are officially supported.".

I am not sure, but please find out, if this could be the Issue.

Regards,

Varun

Edited by: Varun Reddy on Mar 3, 2009 4:39 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

waiting for reply.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can not do the things without the help from BASIS ,

it might be the case that your driver file is wrong,

please deploy the latest version of SQL SERVER JDBC DRIVER 1.2 ,you will ge it from microsoft site.