cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Transport Control

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

I just implemented Extended Transport Control for my Transport Domain, which consists of DEV-100, DEV-111, QAS-200, QAS-220.

Now, it asks me to set the 'target client' for all the transports that are already imported.Without setting the target client for the entire import queue, it wont let me import any request.

My import queue consists of 500 odd requests that were imported prior to this, but they are still in the queue.

I need them in the queue for mass transport later on.

What target client should I set for them? Kindly advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simply said: In all clients where the transports are needed...

Cross clients objects, like workbench objects (reports, functions modules and so on), need to be imported to only one client.

(Client depending) Customizing must be imported to all clients, where the customizing is needed. You can forward the transport requests to other clients once the first target client is set. So you can set 200 as target client and than select all customizing requests and forward them to 220 (and if you need it, the other client on dev).

Regards,

ulf

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not want to transport these requests anywhere else. They are good as they are.

So, suppose I set the target client as 200 for all of these 500 requests, would they be imported to QAS-200?

Because that is something, I really do not want!

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you said, you plan to do a mass import sometime. For this, i'd use the client, in which the transport are already imported as the target client.

But remember that all newly released transports will be send to both clients in QAS!. If you import only the newly exported transports to QAS-220, the older transport which might contain needed customizing for newer transports, are missing there.

You should think about the needs of your configuration again. And clean the buffer from time to time or schedule an periodic import-all on QAS.

Regards,

ulf

P.S.:

> So, suppose I set the target client as 200 for all of these 500 requests, would they be imported to QAS-200?

Yes

Edited by: Ulf Brinkmeier on Mar 3, 2009 11:48 AM