Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorization probelm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I customized ESS Leave request. I called one more BAPI(user defined) in standard ESS.

Its working 5n when i assign sap_all to the user. Its not working if i remove sap_all.

dat means some wer authorizations are missing.

What authorization do i need to assign to the user to access leave request.

Kindly let me knw.

Regards,

Renu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

what roles did you assigned for ESS?

Did you assigned SAP_EMPLOYEE/ SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

please follow this Blog and a PDF given in this blog.

/people/siddhartha.jain/blog/2006/04/10/configuring-the-business-package-for-employee-self-service-ess-mysap-erp-2004

regards,

Kris

0 Kudos

Here i m using customized ESS Application. So wat authorization is missing to exectue the customized one.

in that i used new RFC.

i gave s_rfc role also to user. still its not working...if i give sap_all, its working 5n

0 Kudos

> Here i m using customized ESS Application. So wat authorization is missing to exectue the customized one.

I think the person who has created this customized application should be able to help you. If not, run a system trace while a SAP_ALL user runs the application. That will reveil all relevant authorization checks.

> ii give sap_all, its working 5n

Please only use proper English in the forums. "Fine" is only four letters so no need to abbreviate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try without SAP_ALL and when you get the 'Authorization error', goto SU53 and take a look for missing authorization also you can try the same process by switching on the "Authorization trace' in ST01. so you can find out what are all the authorization objects it is calling.

Hope it should work....

Former Member
0 Kudos

what roles did you assigned for ESS?

Did you assigned SAP_EMPLOYEE/ SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP.