cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Connector on Windows 2003 Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to install the SAP Business Connector on a Windows 2003 Server? OSS note 309834 does not show it as being supported on Windows 2003 Server.

Also I have just tried installing it on Windows 2003 Server and it does not start. To get the installation program to run I had to make the exe run in Windows 2000 compatibility mode. Once installed I set all of the bat and exe files to run as Windows 2000 compatibility mode but this does not resolve the start-up issue.

Thanks.

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am sorry to say but SAP does not support Business Connector on W2K2 Server. So I would not suggest you to install it, as if you will have problems during productive work of the BC it is not sure it will be resolved.

I would suggest to use a W2K or a small linux box for this purpose.

Regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Dezo.

I have now installed it okay on a W2K3 server, but I will not use it for productive purposes.

Thanks.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

can you please send installation guide for SAP BC Connector and how to connect R/3 with external world using SAP BC

my mail id:

ravishankar_234@yahoo.co.in

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

hello paul,

i read, you install succesful sap business connector on w2k3. can you send me, how you installed you??

my email: gabriel.ludwig@all-for-one.com

thanx

gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed TWO instances of BC on a Windows 2003 server, but it works fine and is used in a production scenario. The SAP guys really know the product and I have found them to be friendly and responsive as well when it comes to any messages I raised about it. A real contrast to the normal support for ABAP/BASIS I have suffered.