cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP: Disaggregation to product&plant level from higher levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We do demand planning on groups of products and for country/region in general, we have around 48.000 CVC's in our current setup. It works very well.

A new situation has arisen where we need to have the forecast split down to product and plant level.

As is we simply don't have the information at this level of granularity.

I don't see how we can add for instance product to our setup, we have around 20.000 products so the number of CVC's in DP would become massive if we did this.

I was thinking that perhaps something could be done by exporting the relevant key figures to a new DP setup with fewer characteristics (to keep the number of CVC's down) via some infocubes, perhaps some disaggregation could be done via some tables and the BW update rules. This still leaves the issue of how to get the figures properly disaggregated to plant and product though.

Does anyone have experiences on how to get the figures split to lower levels from DP when you're planning on a higher level?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

One approach as you mentioned can be creating Z Table where in you set up disaggregation proportion from product group level to product level or product location level.

Product Group X 100 Product A@loc1 10

Product B@loc1 90

Download your planning area data into infocube C and then use BW routines to convert the data from group in infocube C to lower level refereing Z Table....into another infocube..

SAP also provides such standard functionality of spliting the aggregate Demand plan to detailed level

SNP plan..through functionality like location slit or product split.

Essential you will be using same concept in yor BW solution or you may also want to consider the

release your DP to SNP planning area its as solution of diaggregation of data to lower level.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah i was thinking about something along those lines.

If say i have product group ABC containing product A, B & C i might have a table containing records that have a link to the product group, what plant the forecast belong to and a proportional factor used to calculate how much should be assigned to each material.

This table could then be used to populate a different cube with data.

This still leaves some issues with materials that might be forecasted in several plants (might be solved by including a field for region or country). But more importantly the proportional factors would probably not be constant since they usually vary according to sales, maintaing a big table manually with these factors would be terrible. This is also why i was thinking about maybe loading data into a new DP setup so i could use the calculation transaction for proportional factors.

Thanks for the input, it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon Pedersen,

You can use the below link to configure the disaggregation accordingly.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/73/3e1164347111d398290000e8a49608/frameset.htm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'm aware of how to set up disaggregation, that's not really the issue here.

The question is more about what options you might have to manipulate existing forecast data at a group level when you want disaggregate it to lower levels and not do it in a standard demand planning setup since the amount of data is so great.