Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP-BPM-RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have the following scenario.

HTTP-BPM-RFC

The source system calls the XI system with a async HTTP call.

The BPM handels the message and send it to the target system with RFC.

Now here's the problem.

What happens if the RFC fails? Can i resend the message in XSMB_MONI?

Do the source have to resend?

The source in this case do not want to resend. They want XI to habdel the resend if the target system fails to receive the message.

Can I handle that in the BPM?

BR

Kalle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok so this is how it goes.

Resend of a message is automatically done by the adapter engine. So by default, the adapter engine tries to resend the messages 3 times. Now what if even after these retries the message is still not a success. Well the message is stored and you can manually resend these messages again.

Resending of messages via BPM cannot be done. Not practical a solution there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So where is this message stored? Can I resend it in workbench?

//Kalle

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The message will stored at the XI System if you want to resend it. You can resend it from RWB by using the PI username/password.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. The messages are stored in XI.

You can goto RWB, and in message monitoring you can track your messages with the search on adapter engine and then resend them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to resend from SXMB_MONI?

We will get a checketflag for the BPM receiving the message but if the RFC fails we get a red dot for the RFC failing. Will I be able to mark the line with the checketflag and do retsart on the message?

//Kalle

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Is it possible to resend from SXMB_MONI?

> We will get a checketflag for the BPM receiving the message but if the RFC fails we get a red dot for the RFC failing. Will I be able to mark the line with the checketflag and do retsart on the message?

>

> //Kalle

Not SXMB_MONI but you will have to use the Runtime workbench (http://<server>:<port>/rwb/index.jsp -> message monitoring) tool.

And even if the failure is in SXMB_MONI, you can mark the line and do the restart from the menu above.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalle,

Can you please explain in-detail. Why you require the BPM and the RFC is synchronous or a wrapper?