cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Rules in RuleArchitect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am looking into a GRC 5.2 system i.e newly installed . When I execute the transaction code /n/virsa/zvrat and go to the rule architect, there are no rules found. what are the steps to be performed to see the rules.

Thanks.

Neha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha,

Did you get chance to go through AC 5.2 guides from SAP. Please go through AC 5.2 installation and configuration guides. Deplyoing VirsaNH and VirsaHR (if you have SAP HR component), means installing RTA on back-end system.

Let me repeat this, most of the AC 5.2 products are java based except FF so data also resides on JAva front-end side for all those products except FF. SAP does not recommend you to use ABAP based products even though Surpreet has mentioned about it.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

You are NOT wrong.

Yes you can use ABAP based RAR or CC also and tcode you have mentioned is correct. And again FF is also ABAP based, frontend (JAVA) for it is optional.

However RE & AE are the product whiich are purely JAVA based.

Can you please confirm if your organization wish to use ABAP version or JAVA version, accordingly i will guide you further.

Regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope. CC,AE and RE are totally java based. FF is mostly ABAP based but you can access FF reports via java front-end. You don't need java front-end for FF. All the FF reports exist in ABAP as well as Java.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha,

GRC AC 5.2 is not an ABAP based system so there are not transactions involved. PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION GUIDE AVAILABLE ON SERVICE MARKETPLACE.

Those would be give you exact idea of how to access the tool and generate the rules etc. These are very basic steps and they are mentioned in good depth in those guides.

Regards,

Alpesh

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Neha,

Please access the Java frontend of the system and then try to access rules from the Rule Architect tab in frontend. Make sure that you have generated the rules and completed all the post installation steps before this.

Regards

Harleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are all the components of GRC 5.2 accessed using th java front end or any of the components accesses in the abap system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. All the components(CC/AE/FF/RE) are accessed via the Java Front end in GRC. Till 4.0, all these components were ABAP based.

Thanks

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Neha-

When you install the RTA to your target systems to connect to AC 5.x, you also install the ABAP version of CC. You can access CC via ABAP (with the t-code you mentioned) or Java. But it is best practice for AC 5.x to access CC via the Java frontend.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is RTA installation nothing but deploying VIRSANH on the ABAP backend system.

And also where does the information pertaining to the RAR, AE, CUP and SUP stored . Is it stored in the backend system .