cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC CHANNEL ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am configuring file to RFC Scenario, in reciever communication channel(RFC) i am getting an error

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: failed to parse BAPI response due to: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.util.bapi.BapiException: Responsetype ZBAPIRET2 is unknown.: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: failed to parse BAPI response due to: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.util.bapi.BapiException: Responsetype ZBAPIRET2 is unknown.

Where i am unable to post the data to R/3 system.

Could you please suggest what might be the error.

Thanks in advance,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As your error message "Responsetype ZBAPIRET2 is unknown" indicates that the problem is in response data type. Check in SM37 if the response type is correctly defined or not. if not then after correction you have to re-import the BAPI again in you XI system.

Regards,

Sarvesh

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen ,

I agree with Subodh...i had the same problem and using bapiret1 solved it

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your response is not understood by XI system.

As a solution go to your RFC receiver determination and uncheck under "Advanced Mode" the fields "Commit Handling for Single BAPI Calls" and "BAPI Advanced Mode".

If you have BAPI and non-BAPI calls with the same R/3 system, you need seperate communication channels".

Rgds

joel

Additionally for a better understanding go through , similar problem is discussed.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/da47d190-0201-0010-ac9a-e2366635...

Edited by: joel trinidade on Mar 3, 2009 12:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reimport RFC metaData for response it looks like some error with metadata so better reimport the RFC and check any mapping changes required and finally do activate and retry the run

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i have reimported the rfc even now i am getting the same error...do you have any other suggestions please........

subrai
Explorer
0 Kudos

BAPI return must be of type BAPIRETURN or BAPIRET1. You will need to create a ZBAPI from the original one with return-type as one of them. Then reimport it into XI.

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I think there is a problem with ur BAPI response.

can u go to SE37 tcode in R3 where ur BAPI is getting executed and check the response of BAPI.

Also check is your scenario is synchronous or Async. If it is Async then go for to create the wraper bapi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I think the problem you are facing in RFC Channel is bcoz of the RFC structure which you have imported in XI repository which is not getting recognized at the target system.

Please verify the RFC at the target system is working fine and make sure that you are using the latest RFC structure imported from target system.

Or better again import the RFC structure from the target system and test the sceanario again.

I hope it will resolve the problem surely.

regards

Ashwin Kumar Dhakne