cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix the table column header and resize the width of a table column?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following two requirements,

1) I need to wrap the table column header into two rows. I mean the header must be displayed in two rows.

2) I need to to able to resize the width of the column. i.e The user should be able to drag the column width according to his requirement.

Is this possible. Any help would be appreciated!

Regards

Kishan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Table Header Wrapping is not possible .

and about Table Column the amount of data it has will be shown in column .

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

1. If you are using Netweaver CE 7.1. Set the headerTextWrapping property of your Table column to true. This will enable wrapping of text. Forced wrapping is not possible. If there is no space then the header text will get Wrapped.

2. If you set the resizable property of the table column to true, the column will be resizable by the user.

You can get more info from the this link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/25/1c57a1214c2d47a65cdde89483e9ae/content.htm]

These functionalities are not present in older versions.

Regards,

Sanyev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanyev,

There is feature called resizeable available in 7.0 as well. Can I use that to serve my purpose?

Regards

Kishan

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

Hopefully yes. I know for sure that header wrapping is not available in older versions. Column resizing should be available in previous versions. But I am not sure if it is integrated to the personalization framework. You can try that out.

Regards,

Sanyev

Former Member
former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan

1.wrapping of table column header is not possible.

2.Column width dragging also not possible but, Through context menu operation u can resize the width of column, i.e u bind width property of the column with one attribute of type interger and by actions u can resize it ,but its not feasible because webDynpro runtime automatically take the width according to text length.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar