cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Related Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I m working on Resource related billing scenario; i have done all required setting in DIP (Dynamic Item processor) profiles.

my problem is while doing planning cost in Quotation condition type PSVB get automatically updated but billing request Actual cost condition type is not getting updated............

Please let me know which condition types will be used for actual costing and how to make the configuration???

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got it............closing this question..........

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Edited by: Raj Jay on Mar 3, 2009 5:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj Jay,

I have a requirement now to work on resource related billing and DIP profile. I am very new to this concept.could you please tell me the configurations steps and steps from end user point of view.Your help is greatly appriciated..

Regards,

Ashok S

Edited by: Ashok Sakamuri on Mar 3, 2009 7:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard Resource Related billing ( without PS integration) follows the following Steps:

1. Create Dummy sales order- va01

2. Book the time sheet in Tcode-CAT2

3.Transfer the Cost to Controlling . Tcode- CAT7

4.Do a resource related billing using TCode -Dp91

5. Do a final billing using T Code - vf01

In SD you will require to do the DIP profile setting for material determination. This is done using Activity type which is used for capturing the cost in CO. Each Activity type is determined for a material. The activity type is assigned to the item category and gets determiend at the time of order creation.

The cost from Activity type ( Maintaiened in KP26) flows automatically to the sales order ...condition type Ek01(actual cost) in SD.

You need to maintain the HR master data as well for the resources to be billed.

Rest of the settings are standard .

Ashok Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

thanks for your reply and explanation on resource related biling. could you please tell me how to configure the DIP profile also.

Thanks,

Ashok S

Former Member
0 Kudos

DIP profile configuration:

IMG>Sales & dist>Sales>Sales Documents>Customer Service>Service quotation/Res. related billing>Profiles for R R B/Quotation creation.

Use profile SP00001 ( Sp:billing Document).

On the Characteristics check Activity type and material check box .

You need to do the material determination for each of the activity type On the Material Deterimation tab ..enter the material code which is already created using material type DIEN ( service material). Now select the material and click on the criteria tab to enetr the Activity type which giver the cost.

For automatically determining the DIP profile in the sales order, assign the DIP profile in the Item category ...say TAN ( VoV7 at the extreme bottom). So based on the standard item category logic , the Item category determination is done.

having done everything , the system determines the item category at the time of sales order generation and the default DIP profile gets determined in the sales order.

Regards, Ashok Chauhan

Ashok Chauhan