cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File system full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone can help me to answer this. If file system /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMG* is 100% full, what is the impact?

Is it SAP will hang and user cannot login into the system or only impact for the job log?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Quare,

Let me give you a consulting answer and say it depends. Do you have ABAP, Java, or ABAP+Java? If you have any Java, then there are certain things that get persisted in the /usr/sap/<sid> filesystem that will probably break if the filesystem is full. The developer traces also go in the work directory, so that would make troubleshooting really hard if they can't be written.

The job logs typically go in the global directory under /sapmnt/<sid>, so unless the /usr/sap/<sid> directory is on the same volume, the job logs should be fine.

In any case, it's a really bad idea to let any of the SAP filesystems get full.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the answer. One more to confirm, so it's mean that if this directory /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS05 is full, user still able to login to SAP. Only certain thing that doesn't working well as for abaper. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, most probably whenever user will try to login into system it will generate a dump, as well as all the other logged user will not able to do their update.

Regards,

Subhash

Answers (0)