cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS: Address Make Telephone required field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I was trying make Telephone Number as required field in ESS - Webdynpro application,

but i could not find the exact place. I was looking at the following DC: ess/per

ess/us/addr, i just found the following code:

fpm.raiseReviewAndSaveEvent(IFPM.EVENT_REVIEW, IFPM.EVENT_SAVE, thisVAC);

I changed the field as required also if the use clicks review then i should display message if the telephone number is not entered.

If anyone have any input on this highly appreciated.

Thanks

VJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have the detail component for address name VcPerAddressUSDetail.

Mark the layout view of telephone as property STATE=required

Go to component controller and write the following code inside the function onFlush.

You can see the line wdThis.wdGetFcPerAddressUSInterface().modifyRecord(); below of this function.

public void onFlush( )

{

String TelNumber=wdContext.currentSelectedInfotypeElement().getTelnr();

if (TelNumber== null || TelNumber.equals("")){

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException("Please enter the telephone number");

}

else

wdThis.wdGetFcPerAddressUSInterface().modifyRecord();

}

Hope this will resolve your problem

Thanks

Kanai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kylie, Sridhar,Kanai

Thank Very much for your response. I have already fixed that by doing webdynpro code change.

Thanks

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

It is very simple to make Mandatory.

1) At webdynpro UI element (Telphone) if you change the property to required only "Star" mark will come.But it not it not acts mandatory.

2) To make mandatory go to backend acceess following table : "V_T588MFPROPC" using sm30. with infotype ="0006"

Make entry ; Version means "Coutry Group" , Subtypr for Emergency Contact "004" , struktur "P006"

Fileld Name : "TELNR" , check the first check box i.e "Musseingabe" to make mandatory.

Many cases it will work if not works same repeat in "V_T588MFPROPS' table.

Regards

-SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Thanks for your input. It even works for ESS WDA EhP6. Just for the community informed.

Thanks, Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

If you are talking about the telephone field in the Personal Information screen in ESS, you can do this in the config. Under Personnel Management -> Personnel Administration -> Customizing Procedures -> Infotypes -> Infotypes in the Detached Infotype Framework -> Customer: Define Field Characteristics.

It's just a single table entry.

Kylie

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If you are customizing the ESS Webdynpro application here is a good document on how to add validations to input fields in a form.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60db527d-7be4-2a10-0283-e915cfb179a8]

Follow this document to add validations to your screen. To add that red * next to the input field set the state of the inputfield to Required.

Regards,

Sanyev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Folllow the below steps for keepign mandatory field.

1>Set the telephoen:inputfield property:state to REQUIRED

2>Select the telephone:label properties->set labelfor poperty to telephoen:inputfield label name.

3>If the input field == null ,put the message

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException("Please enter telephone no",false);

Regards,

Lavanya.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lavanya,

Its not staight forward to do like that. Its all connected with DC and i could not find exact place or excact code to do that. all those error informations for ESS coming from Back End SAP.

Vj