cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Create an External Activity for a Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create an external activity for a network and when I try to save the activity the cost element is removed and then I recieve and error saying I need to enter a cost element. Does anyone know what is removing my cost element?

Thank you for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check OPUC if you have any user interface setting in all three (header, overview, & detail) for cost element .

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All setting seem correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Apply the note mentioned below; this will solve your problem

SAP Note 1285728 - Cost Element determination: Manual or via Material Group

This note suggests current patch level of SAP_APPL as SAPKH60016. But go ahead and implement it even if your current patch level is lower than this say SAPKH60014.

This problem appears to come after patch upgrade to level SAPKH60014. Re-check with your basis team; most probably they have applied this patch recently.

with regards,

Ravi

PS: What is happening is that system is trying to derive 'Cost Element' from the Material Group that you have entered, where as no such derivation is maintained in the system hence the entered CE is getting deleted and field goes blank. If you remove the Material Group and then enter your CE, the system will allow you to save (but no use as without Material group you won't be able to release the NWA)

Edited by: Ravi Shrivastav on Mar 14, 2009 6:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This did it! Thanks!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check if there are any substitutions maintained for network or wbs in OPSN.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

try going to IMG >> Project Systems >> Structures >> Operative Structure >> Network >> Maintain Network Profile.

Select your network profile, open it.

Then in Activities TAB.. Go to Cost element Field and assign your desired cost element.

This will solve your problem.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, eventhough the cost element is maintained on the network profile it is still being removed when I try to save it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please look into this note:

Note 759661 - CN22->Cost element field is getting emptied for ext.activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, we are running ECC 6.0 and this note does not apply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the activity tab in the network profile, if you have mentioned cost element there.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if the cost element is valid and valid for the WBS company code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked both the WBS element and the cost center and they are both active and available. I have also tried different WBS elements and cost centers.

Thank you.