cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with time Zone in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

I developed a WebService, and now i am consuming it in a visual composer application.

Now i have a problem.

I have two attributtes input in my input form in VC. Initial Date and End Date.

When i pass a date in VC application, my method in WebService get this date with 3 hours late.

For example: I pass the input Initial Date with the value 02/05/2009 03:00, the web Service method receive this date: 02/05/2009 00:00;

I think this is a TimeZone problem, but i don't now how i can resolve this.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks..

Marcos.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not the timezone problem but consideration into that webservice parameter .So by default it display :

00:00 instead of 03:00

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

It isn't the default value. In my example i show this values, however, if i pass other value at time, the web service get this value with 3 hours late, always. If i pass 05:00 the web services get 02:00, if i pass 17:00 hours the web service get 14:00. Because this i think this is a time zone problem.

For more information, the web service parameters are a Date and the fields are a Date Time Picker in VC.

I haven't resolved the problem yet. I tried to search something int he forum, but i didn't find nothing.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm waiting for more help

Marcos.

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just Some question

1Have u define any expression / metadata for this input ?

2Tell me the nature of the web service (What , Self Developed or taken form internet etc)

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1 - I generate this input just drag and drop the web service in the VC. The metadata of this input field is the parameter of web services.

2 - I develop the web service. This is the sign:

@WebMethod(operationName="getCoordenadas")

public String getCoordenadas(@WebParam(name="team") String team,

@WebParam(name="dataIni") Date dataIni,

@WebParam(name="dataFim") Date dataFim)

I 've make some tests and its very confuse.

- In web service navigator i put the dates in input parameters fileds and the value is correct. The Web services get the right values of date.

- In the VC i add more one field and the value of this filed is the actual date and actual time. The result is correct about the actual date and time.

Now i don't now if the problem is VC or the Web Service.

Thanks for your reply.

Marcos

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If it working fine in web service navigator then web service is Ok

1. Do one exercise : Put one input field for (Date and time )and bind it with same attribute of webservice

See the result .

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I put a inout field binding the same attribute of WS. The result is the same. VC rendering a Date Time Picker and the values passed to web service have 3 hours diference already.

thanks for replay

Marcos.