Former Member
0 Kudos

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.8.0 - Production

PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.8.0 - Production

CORE 9.2.0.8.0 Production

TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.8.0 - Production

NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.8.0 - Production

-

Our company is being audited and one of the auditors identified the following default vender accounts (DBSNMP and OUTLN) are active and with default passwords. They recommended that the default vender account password should be changed. According to SAP note 700548 it states that SAP does not use the above-mentioned users. Before I go ahead and lock these accounts on our production box I want to make sure that these users are not being used at all by SAP. In matter of fact these two users are created during database creation:

DBSNMP: Supports Oracle SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol).

The Oracle Intelligent Agent requires a database logon for each SID that it manages. By default this account is called "DBSNMP" and the password is "DBSNMP".

OUTLN: Oracle8i adds the OUTLN user schema to support Plan Stability. The OUTLN user acts as a place to centrally manage metadata associated with stored outlines.

This user has DBA role. It is used for plan stability ie. to keep the same execution plans for the same queries even if your system configuration or statistics changes. Execution plans will be the same in different Oracle releases with different optimizers.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to note 562863 ,it clearly states that DBSNMP user is not needed in R/3 environement.

It also talks about OUTLN user.Refer to note 722376.It says that user does have an effect on R/3 as certain database actions may result in ORA-18008 error

So I would not recommed you to lock the user OUTLN

Let me know if this helps

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As said above, you could lock the users, no problem. At my place we just change the passwords during post installation.

Best regards, Michael

Answers (0)