cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter - In wich order reads the files ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I need to know in which order a File Adapter Reads several files from a directory.

For example if my communication channel read files with this pattern: TestFile*.txt

And in the directory I have...

TestFile_1.txt

TestFile_20082312.txt

etc...

Wich file it will read first, second, third.....?

It is by date of creation? it is by name? ascending? descending? Does Anyone knows?

Thanks!

Mariano.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

For a complete understanding of the processing sequence of the file adapter go through the thread.

Specially the answers from bhavesh and vijaya kumari.

Regards

joel

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using FTP there is no way to set a processing sequence.

regards.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since there is no explicit processing sequence option for FTP File adapter, we can conclude that the sequence is always according to the Date/time.

The file that was created first, would be picked first.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mariano,

Usually it will be FIFO (first in first out reading), however you can set processing parameters and then compare with the sender files. (archive the files once read so that files exist in the archive folder)

Configure the following in the communication channel:

Processing parameters - File construction mode (whether to append,add time stamp etc)

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using file adapter, with File system(NFS) option as transport protocol, then you can actually set the processing sequence under processing tab. ie you can either schedule it by name or by date. So that files will be processed in a sequence respectively.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all the answers, the thing is I am using FTP so I dont have the option to select the proccessing sequence.

And I don´t think there is such thing as "random proccessing" , there must be some kind of logic to follow, dont you think? after all it is a machine!.

Thanks.

Mariano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use the "Processing sequence" option in the sender file adapter to process files by name or date (timestamp)

look sap help for more information

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it picks all the files at a time and processes in random order some times in a sequence.

Regards,

karna...