cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd. Alternate email Id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently i get all notifications in my primary email, Now i have updated my profile with an alternate email too, so i want my notifications to come in both emails. Is that possible?

even after adding i'm not getting any notification in the alternate email.

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know of any way to do this in the way you have described using the alternate address of the same account send by SDN and am fairly sure it is not possible at all, but there are a number of alternate options:

What you can do is set up a rule with filters to forward mails from your primary ID to your alternate one.

This way you will have them in both with a slight delay.

Disadvantage: More mails to delete...

What I have done is to create a second account (which I don't use... ) with that exact alternate account as the primary one, with watches on some forums.

Disadvantage: Watches on threads you respond to will not be active for the second account.

A Blackberry, Iphone, Laptop etc for the primary account which you can take with you.

Disadvantage: No peace of mind...

Host your primary mail services with googlemail....

Disadvantages: Google knows everything about you, and "ownes" it as well...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for the response Julius

But the problem is my primary mail is my corporate mail so neither i can set a filter to forward them nor i can access it on my personal laptop, so i was looking for some way to get notifications to my alternate email too.

кu03B1ятu03B9к

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

The alternate email is for display purposes only on your business card. It has no real functionality behind it. Julius's idea was probably the best, but I guess that is not an option for you in your environment. If you reverse your primary and secondary accounts, can you set up a rule for your personal email to forward messages to your corporate ID?

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess reversing the primary and secondary accounts as suggested by you would be fine.

Thanks

кu03B1ятu03B9к