Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activity partially confirmation change the activity and network dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all experts,

could you help me on this question?

it almost drives me crazy.

after i create a project, i do the project scheduling(forward, network determine dates, bottom-up).

and then i get the earliest (latest)start and finish dates of each activity.

the dates are very important, because they need to be compared with the actual confirmed dates as the project proceeds. therefore, i want to hold the earliest (latest) start and finish dates of each activity unchanged unless i change the duration and reschedule.

but the fact is after i do one activity partial confimation, i find the scheduled dates of all activities are changed.

The earliest start date of the partial confirmed activity is calculated from the confirmed actual start date.

how can i avoid this?

do i need to config?

could you give me some hints?

i need to do the partial confirmation, and i also have to keep the scheduled dates of activities as well

how can i achieve it?

thanks a lot

Judy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Judy,

The note 151551 describe the system behaviour, that the actual date (especially the actual start) overwirte the earliest date. There is an old note 329745 (as modification) to change the logic. If you let me know the customer code, I can add it to the pilot customer. Because the note is pilot released, that means, not visible for all customer.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help on the questions I posted.

Your answers are very helpful.

The customer code is s0003918877.

When the note 329745 is available, please let me know.

Also, I am some testing.

In the Specify Parameters for Network Scheduling and Define Parameters for WBS Scheduling, I set both u201Cstart in the pastu201D 999.

And I create the new project, do the partially confirmation.

The earliest and latest dates are not overwritten by the actual dates

But I am not sure if the setting is right. Is there anything important I need to pay attention to?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you very much.

Judy

Answers (0)