cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Connectivity to all the branches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing SAP ERP 6.0 in our company.

We have Two system landscape (DEV and PRD) in DEV itself we have Solution Manager. PRD not yet installed.

And we have 25 branches all are connected with the leased line internet. We donu2019t have VPN.

Now my query is how the SAP connectivity will be done in all the branches? And where I have to install SAP Router? Whether we need SAP Router in both the systems? What is SAP Router String? We have public IP. How it will be useful. What type of service (public IP, firewall...Etc) we required from my internet service provider.

Regards,

ARP S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

As per my view you can do it over internet. You just need to know the ports to be opened for the access of the applications you are using. for each server an external IP need to be generated and the access from destination has to be allowed from your firewall. If required ports are opened and access is allowed than you can access from your sites (destination defined). also make sure with Internet Service provider about the ports status through internet service

As you have dev and solution manager on the same system, then you just need single external IP for this machine.

For any further query, please revert. and also explain me your environment if this solution does not match to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

Now I understand few things like we need to NAT the Public ip to application server and need to open some ports. If I am right it 'll be message server port 36xx something. how we need to configure same at remote location's frontend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You are right. You need some natted IP depending on your nature of network. And you need to open the ports 32xx and 36xx for the access of SAP applications.

With regards

Virender Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sharma,

How we need to configure same at remote location's frontend

with the opened ports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the natted IPs inplace of the respective IPs of the serevrs, with SAP logon pad's field Application server. rest configuration will be the same.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to hire a technical architect... I doubt your question can be answered here... Deploying SAP requires planning and part of it is to define a Landscape and all the technical requirements.

Theres no reasonable way that I can suggest whats best for you as I don't know whats your environment like or your requirements not only on the technical side but also on the security side.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

Anyhow we are hiring technical. As I mentioned the landscape is already defined. Meanwhile I need to know and I need to give some inputs to my network team and my internet provider. so that entire setup 'll be ready. so far i know we are using one to one internet connectivity so it 'll be secure. Is any kind of information at SMP is there which will refer SAP Connectivity from remote locations.

What about PRD system? we need to apply saprouter again for this machine?

Regards,