cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice authorization problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've implemented a simple web service in netweaver portal which requires authorization. The web service works fine when tested through Web service navigator and manually through running the web service client that I've implemented.

For everyday use the webservice client is implemented as a background task in workflow. The problem I'm having now is that the client gets "401 unauthorized" error when run as a background task. The user WF-BATCH is mapped in portal and has SAP_ALL in backend and administative rights in portal. Anything else that I should be aware of?

Edited by: Evan Cole on Mar 2, 2009 3:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the Basic Authentication (User/Password) are provided while scheduling in the background.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well it's not a scheduled background job, it's a background task (a task that is done automatically without agent assignment) within a workflow. Workflow uses system user WF-BATCH for background tasks and it does not have a password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you go to SICF transaction and put the login credentials for your web service and try running it again.