cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Pack4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed a new ECC system in which already Support packs of level 15 are installed. Now we have plans to install enhancement pack 4.

Can i know where to download the enhancemnet pack4 and what is the procedure to apply, is this same as support packages procedure.

Thanks,

anup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

EHPI allows you to do both, and you can add additional SPs as long as you meet the prereqs....

EHPI will also identify prereqs and CRTs if necessary...You use EHPI but also can look at the queue in SPAM to see all prereqs are met or not....

Mikie

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Anup,

SAP note 1143022 is a good place to start. Rather than using SPAM, you will need to use SAINT. It is also recommended to apply maintenance and EHP4 at the same time using SAINT.

Brian

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the documentation at

http://service.sap.com/ehp-inst

You will need:

- a Solution Manager system with a set up Maintenance Optimizer

- the system connected to Solution Manager

- new R3trans and tp

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

After going through the sap documents i have found that i have to download the following Enhancementpack 4

51032841 SAP ERP Enhancement Package 2005.2 1 of 4

51032841SAP ERP Enhancement Package 2005.2 3 of 4

51032841 SAP ERP Enhancement Package 2005.2 4 of 4

51032841 SAP ERP Enhancement Package 2005.2 2 of 4

But the thing is i am to download the packs withouth the solution manager maintenance optimizer.

I have also found that we need to install the SAP enhancement package installer (SAPehpi) to install the enhancement packs and in some places it says to use the SAINT tool to install the packages, i am confused, please help.

Please correct me .

thanks

anurop

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Anurop,

I believe you can use either SAINT or the new SAPehpi tool to install EHP4. The advantage to the new tool is that it is supposed to decrease the amount of downtime required. SAPehpi looks to work similar to the SAPup utility used to upgrade a system, so it most likely creates a shadow instance to deploy the changes to and then switches during a smaller downtime phase.

I think which tool you chose will depend on how much experience/comfort you already have with SAINT and how much downtime you can have. Personally, I don't know if I'd want to be cutting my teeth and possibly finding bugs in the new SAPehpi tool.

Regarding SolMan and maintenance optimizer... You can always download the EHP4 DVDs that you mentioned, so SolMan isn't truly required. The advantage to using SolMan is that it will let you pick the functionality from EHP4 that you want and then you only download those pieces to install. Otherwise you have to reference one of those notes and manually determine which pieces of ECC to apply EHP4 to (SAP_APPL, ECC-DIMP, etc.)

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Enh Pack 4 you have to use SAPehpi. We were planning to upgrade to Enh Pack 4 but found out that it was in Ramp-up. I read in the notes that SAINT should only be used for 32bit systems. As soon as I find that note again will update the message.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is from Note 1256600 - Using transaction SAINT to install SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4

"You use an SAP ERP 6.0 solution on 32bit hardware and you want to add functions to this from the SAP ERP Enhancement Packages. We recommend that you always use the SAP Enhancement Package installer (SAPehpi) to install SAP ERP Enhancement Packages. If the SAPehpi is not available for the 32bit platform that you are using, you require the following passwords when using transaction SAINT for the installation. The installation of ERP EHP4 and higher on a 64 bit platform with transaction SAINT has not been released and is not supported by SAP, since the SAP EHP installer must be used in this case"

Hope this helps.

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Once we go into the solution manatence optimizer, when we select ECC 6.0 it shows two options that is support packs and entry by componenet but does not show Enhancemnet pack 4 downloads. So I have downloaded the EP4 manually through the service.sap.com.

Are you participant of the RampUp for EHP4? It's not generally released yet so you might not be able to download the pacakges.

> Does anyone know where can i get the SAP Enhancement Package installer (SAPehpi) and how to install the same. and what is the procedure to install the SAP enhancemnet package 4.

All necessary links and notes have been given already )

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read SAP Note 1245473.

Support Packages and Patches-> Additional Components -> Upgrade Tools -> SAP EHP INSTALLER

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to install the latest support packs and enhancemnet

pack, if we install the enhancement pack do we have to implement the

latest support pack, are both are independent of each other or linked to

each other. Sorry friends please help me.

Thanks

anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

No