cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product view - Heuristic Error (RRP327 & RRP433)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created forcast in DP, transferred the forecast to PPDS and in the product view i am trying to run a heuristic. I get the error message "Order not created for product XXXX location XX".

Message no. /SAPAPO/RRP327

When I drill down into the log I notice that the error has occured during creation of purchase requisition for a component. The message reads as follows.

"External procurement in planning segment not allowed (Component YYYY)"

Message no. /SAPAPO/RRP433.

The strategy used for the Finished material is 56 (planning w/o final assembly). But i dont understand why this should prevent the creation of purchase reqsn for the component.

Thanks,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try manually createing purcahse req. for component in the product view and check logs.

A product cannot be both MTO & MTS as a part of product master settings in APO.

In case of sales order entry you can control MTO or MTS by having different requirements type i.e. one requirement type of MTO and another for MTS.

Edited by: Srini Uppala on Apr 15, 2010 4:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommend to check a few things:

1. Please check all relevant masterdata is set up like Tlane, Quota.

2. Planning Procedure you are using

3. Try manually creating an order and check if its created for that component.

4. please check if this is the same issue with other client systems as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I tried your recommendations already.

When i try to create a planned order manually, i get a message, "Cannot create order in planning segment, do you want to create order in Make to stock segment?". If I choose 'yes', the order is created.

But i do not understand the concept of planning segment. The original error also says "Cannot create pur reqsn in the planning segment".

Could you explain this a little bit more?

regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like system is not creating any receipts in make to stock segment. Please check if you have enough demand to create a receipt. At the same time please chek if you have maintained any forecast horizon in the product master (demand tab page).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok and Sai,

Out of curiosity can we have both make to order and make to stock set up for the same material the same time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu, yes we can have a mixed scenario , however it is not Std SAP defined. Its a custom requirement strategy. I am not sure on Ashok's scenario but I know a scenario where if a company needs to send sample products for their customers, they create a sort dummy sales orders with a custom order type and send to APO. In APO they are available in MTO segment. These sales orders are moved to MTS segment through a custom program by changing the category. These orders are planned in MTS scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

May be I should take this discussion in a different post and apologize for any inconvenience.

As far as I know the MTS or MTO is by MRP strategy in R/3. How can you have both MTS and MTO int he same strategy? Which strategy group should I use for it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right, it comes from Planning atrategy in R/3. For this scenario I believe we build a custom strategy, however, I am not familiar with its technical details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visu,

I have never tried it in APO. In R/3, you can customize a strategy GROUP so as to contain both an MTS strategy and an MTO strategy. During Sales order creation, you can then change the requirements type from MTS to MTO (manually).

I always recommend against doing this. The users end up being so confused that they are not happy with the solution. MRP results are not always predictable. Where the users insist that they have to have this flexibility, I recommend that they create a mirror plant, in which one plant has Material Masters categorized as MTO and the second plant has the same materials, but categorized as MTS. Physically, the plants are the same place. Warehouse personnel take instructions from planning to periodically move materials from one plant to another when required. Customer service or planning manually move the sales orders from one plant to the other, depending on what type of product is required.

This scenario could map to SCM, but it would be just as ugly there as it is in R/3.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

It is possible to setup MTS and MTO for the same item as suggested by DB.

But in my scenario, The material is set up for MTO only. The strategy is 56. It is a standard strategy.

The problem is purchase requisitions are not created for the component when I run heuristics for the FG.

"Pur reqsn cannot be created in planning segment. Message no. RRP433."

So planned order creation for FG also fails during heuristic. Message nos. RRP327.

When I try to create a planned order manually for the FG, I get the message "cannot create order in planning segment. do you want to create in make to stock segment?". If i choose yes, then planned order is created.

So I wanted to understand what does planning segment have to do with creation of pur reqsn for component or planned order creation for sales order.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashok,

I apologize for having gotten so far off the topic in my previous post.

56 is a characteristics based strategy. I will ask a stupid question: have the required characteristics/classes been CIF'd across from R/3?

[SCM Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/a8/d0e62f57a1fb42bd0f0f06c81792e0/frameset.htm]

[SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/cb/7f945b43b711d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB,

Yes we have CIF ed the classes, chars etc.. already.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashok,

Are the component parts being planned in R/3 or APO? What planning strategy(s) are you using for your component parts? These should be MTS.

Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hi

The error seems to be correct:

For planning without final assembly, external procurement is

not allowed because it does not make sense. This is why you receive the

error.

Refer sap note 519070 "planning without final assembly"

-sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar,

I went through the note. But i still dont understand why "External procurement for a component" does not make sense in planning without final assembly scenario. After all this is the idea right, tht we procure the components well in advance and produce the FG immediately after the Sales order is received.

Could you please clarify further on why "External procurement for a component" does not make sense in planning without final assembly scenario??

Rgds,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Have you found solution to the problem? I am having the same issue, no purchase requisitons created for the components within the planning segment even though i set them with strategy 10. I only get purch.req inside the sales orders segment, it does not seem very logic.

Has anybody talked to SAP about this?

Thanks in advance!

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hej Ashok,

In order to solve this, set value 2 in MRP 4 tab field "Dependent Req for individuals and collectives requirements", so you will work with collective requirements.

Regards

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

In planning without final assembly, the main value-added process is final assembly; that is, the amount of the sales order is fixed and production is unique for every customer. With this make-to-order strategy, only the product's component parts are produced prior to the taking of the sales order. The sales order consumes the forecast for the finished product and triggers production of the finished product.

Here, in your case, since there is external procurement component is also getting planned and hence you have encountered this error.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks a lot for the response. But in my case I try to run a heuristic from the forecast.

Sales order is not yet received. Since i am using strategy 56, i expect that pland orders and purchase requisitions be created for the compeonents and they can be processed and produced /procured. But planned order for the FG can only be converted on receivng the sales order. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But here the system throws error during creation of pur reqsn saying it cannot be created.

Thanks,

Ashok