cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initiate web dynpro from non-SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My costumers are using a non-SAP system, and I need to open a SAP purchase order from this system (based on the order number). Is it possible to put in a link on the non-SAP system, that initiates a web dynpro pop up filed with a SAP purchase order?

Please advise.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Certainly. Web Dynpro applications are accessible via URL - which can be linked from anywhere. You can pass data (like you PO number) via URL parameters.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/b44e6ae8603095e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds good.

Just to be sure this is what I'd like to do:

1. Clink on a link in non-SAP application (passing on the PO number).

2. Display the PO in webdynpro automatically (based on the PO number).

So all the user have to do, in order to see the PO, is to click on the PO-link in the non-SAP system.

is this possible?

Thanks!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Absolutely. That Web Dynpro URL and URL parameters work just like any other URL on the Internet or within your Network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant

One last question: Could the PO be showed in change mode so that the user can correct and save the PO in the web dynpro?

Thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, if you have a PO web dynpro application that handles change mode. Are you planning to create this PO WDA yourself or are you trying to find out if ERP has a WDA version of the PO transaction? I can't answer the second question. Many standard ERP transaction do have WDA versions on the latest Enhancement Package - but not everything yet. You would have to research that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

The user have to open a SAP pruchase order directly from a non-sap sytem, and he/she should then be able to make changes to the order, and save it to SAP from the web dynpro.

I just need to know if this is at all possible, before I call in the the cavalry

Thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If there is a WDA version of the Purchase Order transaction, then yes this is possible. However I can't say if there is a WDA version. Keep in mind that not all transactions from classic dynpro have been rewritten in WDA yet. Even if it has been rewritten, it was probably delivered as one of the ERP Enhancement Packages - and you would have to make sure you are at the EnhP level and that you have activated any associated switches.

If you just need web access to the classic dynpro transaction, then consider using the SAPGUI for HTML which runs as part of the integrated ITS. The ITS generates HTML/JavaScript versions of any classic dynpro transaction that look very much like their SAPGUI counterpart (for better or for worse). These transactions are also accessible via URL and URL parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks,

They need to acces WA02 and WA03.

Regarding the EnhP level - do you mean for WDA or ERP (ECC6)?

Thanks again

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you want to know specifically if WDA transactions exist for old classic dynpro transactions (WA02, WA03) - I can't answer that. There are over 130000 screens in ERP alone and only a percentage of those have been rewritten. No one can keep track of all of them. You should talk to a expert in that area of the ERP application, read the application or the EnhP notes for that area as well.

When I mentioned EnhP I meant ERP EnhPs. The new WDA versions of the older ERP transactions are largely delivered vai the ERP Enahancement Packages.

But as I said early, if you can't find a WDA version of these transactions then you can always use the SAPGUI for HTML/ITS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot,

as always, You've been a great help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Btw: If there is no standart WDA for WA02 and WA03 wouldn't it be possible to develop one yourself?

A costum build WDA?

Thanks!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sure. Althought depending upon the complexity of the classic dynpro application your are replicating, this can sometimes represent a challenging task. In general for most major business objects you have BAPIs or Enterprise Service that you can call from WDA to access the same business logic that is used in the original applications. You need only reproduce the user interface in WDA.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

WebDynpro is technology native to SAP. WebDynpro Application is developed, utilizing the runtime , libraries & underlining platform in the SAP system. However when webDynpro component is to be used, its consumed as a simple Web Application( i.e you have a URL to invoke it ), thus if you have a WEBDYNPRO application, with fair amount of knowledge of HTML & JAVAScript you can call the URL, which is going to display you the webdynpro application.

so in effect a webdynpro application would appear as good as a webapplication that CAN be called on Browser from any where, but to build & change it you need SAP Netweaver.

Greetings

Prashant