cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link multiple incidents together and un-link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

my client using solution manager 7.0 sp14 (Service Desk).

Now my requirement is need to be able to link multiple incidents together.

Any suggession in that to get an option u201CLink to another Incidentu201D from an Incident in any status. From this you can search for master incident, and link the two. Some times it is probably safer not to stop the clock (as the link maybe incorrect), but this action should set a flag on the child ticket so that SLA reporting can exclude all child tickets.

If the master ticket is resolved, then all child tickets should be resolved also (with the same reason).

A linked ticket will then have an option to un-link if it is found to not be a correct link (and this will un-set the child ticket flag).

Regards,

Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in ITIL this is called a "problem". In standard SOLMAN, SAP reserved a specific subject code for this ME01 : Problem message but this solution is not supporting the functionality you need.

You need to develop an action that allows you to link and an action that allows you to unlink a support message to a problem message.

The coding of these action should be like the one used to authorize change request, this action is popping up a list of active project, instead of this, this can be programmed to look for active "problem messages"

For the problem message you can either create a specific document type (different from the support message) or further enhance the SAP functionality by using a support message with this "problem message" subject".

My SOLMAN consultant confirmed me this has been developed for some of his customers.

Before starting this development I would rather ask SAP if there is any further development of this ITIL functionality.

br Xavier

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Xavier,

thanks for your reply and help.

Best regards,

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have similar requirement and want to know if any one has found any solution in this regard. Thanks in advance for all the pointers.

Best regards,

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

We have similar requirement and want to know if you have found any solution in this regard. Thanks in advance for all the pointers.

Best regards,

Vithal